Weekly Reflections

raindrops on roses
 

Reasons to be cheerful ...

  • phoning, texting and emailing with family and friends.
  • enjoying a delicious meal and a long chat with L
  • making a start on sorting through my clothes ... taking positive action on something that has been bothering me has cheered me up
  • enjoying a meal out with N and E
  • loving this month's U3A monthly meeting on the growth and development of jazz
  • adding some more dates to my diary, including tentative arrangements for Christmas Day as well as things to look forward to in 2024
  • closing the curtains against the rain and feeling cosy and warm indoors
  • finding a couple of new recipes to try
  • receiving another selection of paperbacks from my sister, so that's my reading choices sorted for the next few weeks

I am grateful ...
  • for the prescription medication which reduced the intensity of the last few migraines, meaning I was able to enjoy some social events
  • for the ease of online shopping
  • for the ongoing support of friends and family

Comments

  1. I like your lists of things to be cheerful about and grateful for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pleased your migraines are not as intense and you are enjoying your social events again. Plenty for you to be cheerful and grateful for xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eileen. I've still had a daily migraine but, as they are not quite so intense, have still managed to go to some of the things I've planned even though I haven't felt 100%. xx

      Delete
  3. So glad to see you posting again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad the medication is working and I love your ongoing positivity, even when things are not great. Thanks, Eileen. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joy. The meds are doing something but not enough to put up with the side effects so I think they'll be changed next time I see the doctor. xx

      Delete
  5. I am pleased to read that the medication is reducing the severity of your migraines. Hope your clothes sorting is progressing well. I am looking for some shops to buy some clothing as my 2 of my regular shops have closed. Any suggestions? Helen S.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The severity has reduced but not the frequency, and now I have the side effects to contend with as well!

      Clothes sorting is progressing nicely thanks. I've been looking online and have ordered things from Crew, M&S, Roman, and Cotton Traders. I'm still waiting for delivery though. xx

      Delete
  6. I like your list of things to be cheerful about and grateful for and the fact that you are able to look for and find those positive things even with your ongoing headaches and the side effects of the medications. How's that for a run on sentence? LOL. I'm also impressed by the fact that you are already looking forward to a few things in 2024! I haven't looked beyond Christmas and New Year's Day! I'm afraid to plan, I think!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good news about the medication, not good about the side effects. Lots of good things on your cheerful list.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the flower photo and the list of things to be grateful for is great.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts