Weekly Reflections

one of the spring flowering clematis is confused
and has produced some more flowers!
 

Update: I'm hoping this post is the return to blogging regularly, though probably not daily for a while .... it's difficult to know what to write about when the daily migraines prevent me doing much of interest and I don't want the blog to become a pity party. 

Reasons to be cheerful ...

    • phoning, texting and emailing with family and friends.
    • feeling that life isn't all doom and gloom; I'm still getting daily migraines but it's not the really severe ones every time, so I am still managing to fit in some social events.
    • making a couple of new friends - one online who lives in Norway (but thankfully speaks excellent English!), and one in person who lives locally.
    • continuing to improve my fitness levels with the weekly personal training sessions plus the addition of a weekly swimming session. These obviously depend on how well I feel but most weeks I have been able to manage something, which is important for both my physical and emotional wellbeing.
    • celebrating a friend's birthday with a trip on the Watercress Line's Real Ale Train ... it's not really my sort of thing but I naively allowed him to choose an event to celebrate his birthday! All things considered, we had a great time.
    • managing to lose some weight. It's only 4lbs loss (over 5 week) so far, but it's a start.
    • treating myself to some new clothes.
    • enjoying time sitting out in the garden.
    • continuing with my attempts to teach myself to play the piano when I feel able. Despite the fact that I'm not always well enough to practice every day, I'm still making reasonable progress.
    • watching, and really enjoying, the Breaking Bad series 
    • adding more dates to my diary and keeping my fingers crossed that I will be well enough to do everything I have arranged!

    I am grateful ...
    • for the support of family and friends.
    • for cleaners and gardeners who keep everything up together for me ... I honestly don't know how I'd manage without them the way things are at the moment.
    • that, despite the ongoing health issues, life continues to present many opportunities for me.

    Comments

    1. So pleased you are returning to blogging as and when you feel up to it. Your trip on the Real Ale Train sounds really interesting. I was talking about a dog-friendly train ride only last night as it's something I want to do again. I'm happy you have your cleaners and gardeners to help with your household chores and well done for your weight loss and treating yourself to some new clothes. Lovely to see you posting again Eileen xx

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thanks Eileen. The Real Ale Train was good fun. I wasn't particularly looking forward to it as I don't drink but it turned out to be a good evening. xx

        Delete
    2. A lovely list of things to be cheerful about and grateful for, Eileen, and I am so glad that you are able to focus on the positive things, even when you are having to deal with migraines, etc. I do hope that you will be able to resume posting regular updates. The clematis flower is beautiful!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I'm hoping to be able to do more posts now. It's not only to do with how I feel but also that Blogger needs to be playing nicely as well!

        The clematis is beautiful. I'm just hoping that flowering this late in the year won't affect its Spring display next year. xx

        Delete
    3. Four pounds over five weeks is great, Eileen. I'm a great believer in slow and steady and taking the time to consolidate gains and new habits.

      I'm so sorry to read that the migraines are still very frequent. Hoping for a solution soon - but not as much as you are, I am sure.
      xxx

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thanks Joy. I'm pleased with the weight loss so far, achieved by slightly smaller portions, some better choices, and the addition of the weekly swimming session. xx

        Delete
    4. How lovely to see a post from you. Well done on the weight loss. Glad you have some respite from the migraines, I hope the Dr's will find something that will help. Take Care. Helen S.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thanks Helen. I'm hoping that the doctor will change my medication again next time as the current combination of tablets isn't achieving the desired results. xx

        Delete

    Post a Comment

    Popular Posts