Me on Monday

Monday morning finds me feeling content, relaxed and generally happy with my lot.  I have a full day of teaching, after which I plan do a bit of shopping, bank some cheques and post a couple of parcels.  I have friends coming round tonight for a bring and share meal, which I'm really looking forward to.
 
The weekend was surprisingly calm after a busy start.  Instead of the usual band practice we took the children busking in Melksham for a couple of hours.  Thankfully it didn't rain, but when the sun disappeared it was freezing!  Unfortunately there was a very cold wind, so a morning spent pegging the music to the stand, holding said stand to stop it blowing over, and still playing our instruments ... all character building stuff, and a hot chocolate at the half time break cheered us up!  I don't know how much money we collected yet, but people seemed to be very generous considering it was the day after Comic Relief.
 
I called in for a coffee and a catch up with friends on the way home and then spent the rest of the afternoon on housework and laundry duties.  I was finished with all of that by about 4:30pm, did a bit of lesson planning and then settled down for a cosy night in - mostly blog reading and playing online backgammon.
 
Sunday morning I did a bit more sorting, and also took rest of the photos I needed for the Winter Photographic Scavenger Hunt.  I'll do the post about them later in the week.  I did a bit of pottering in the garden in the afternoon, but it was too cold to stay out for long, so I spent the rest of the day curled up on the sofa reading, drinking coffee and eating.  Bliss!
 
Linking with Sian at From High in the Sky

Comments

  1. To wake up on a Monday morning content with the world..that's a very good thing. May the rest of the week be a great one Eilleen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a very cold weekend wasn't it. I remember well trying to keep music on the stand when a gale is blowing and getting frozen to the bone, hot chocolate was always welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brave you playing in the cold and fighting the wind with pegs! Feeling content on a Monday morning sounds a good thing to be. I hope it lasts all week.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts