Colds

Colds in plural because I have a cold, because the house will be cold and because of the weather!

I'm feeling sorry for myself! I started to sneeze yesterday afternoon and this morning have woken with a rotten cold. I think it may actually be a man cold as I am shivering, sneezing, losing my voice and I feel rather sorry for myself. On top of that I've been told that the electricity will be turned off in about an hour so there will be no heating for a while. At least the room is warm before the power goes off and I'll bring a duvet downstairs to keep from freezing to death.

I definitely will not be going outside today. It is bitterly cold out there and I'm trying to not feel guilty about staying in - I need to collect the prescriptions I ordered last week and I also need to go to the bank but I can't face either of those tasks today. I know I will regret this decision as I have to stay home tomorrow for all the deliveries, have medical appointments in Bath on Thursday so the next available day is on Friday ... the day I run out of some of the medication! Every time I do this I promise myself I won't leave it to the last minute again, but I always do!

I didn't make it to the singing group last night. I checked their website to see the start time and saw that they don't meet during half term. The next session will be on Monday 5th November, so just as well I checked. Instead I watched Only Connect and QI, and in between carried on reading. 

Comments

  1. Two of my favourites, Only Connect and QI. I also enjoy Eggheads, University Challenge, Mastermind and Pointless and I laugh my socks off over Have I Got News For You and Would I Lie To You, especially when Lee Mack gets going.
    A shame about the singing group but so pleased you checked, especially as you're feeling so rough. Try to stay warm and well wrapped up and I do hope you feel a lot better soon.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems that we like exactly the same programmes and I agree with you about Lee Mack ... a very funny man. Yes, I was all psyched up to try the singing group but at least I checked before I went out in the cold. Despite my protestations about going outside today, it's the book group I organise tonight so I'll have to wrap up warm and try not to infect everyone!

      Delete
  2. Get your kettle on before the electric goes out. Fill a couple of hot water bottles and a thermos. Next snuggle under that duvet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are brilliant! Why didn't I think of that?

      Delete
  3. I hope you feel better soon. Get signed up to have your prescriptions delivered if they have the service in your area, that way you have the option, you don't have to use it every time but if for any reason you can't collect it you can just ring up and they'll bring it out to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo. If I could use the company that sends your prescription through the post I'd opt for that but unfortunately the surgery I'm with doesn't offer that choice. The other company that delivers wasn't reliable when we signed up for the option for my late partner (who was registered with a different surgey) and it was all very stressful, so I've decided against it. I'm not housebound so don't qualify for the chemist to deliver locally, so for the time being I request my prescriptions online from the surgery and then collect a few days later from the chemist.

      Delete
  4. Hope you feel better soon and have a big blanket you can wrap up with. Stay inside and stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I made myself a bed on the sofa and slept for most of the day.

      Delete
  5. So sorry to hear you've come down with a cold, Eileen. I hate getting colds. I always feel so miserable. I hope you were able to boil some water to fill your hot water bottles and thermos as Maggie suggested, above. Keep warm - I hope the electricity gets turned back on before too long. Hope you feel better, soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I did ... Maggie's suggestion was brilliant and I don't know wht I didn't think of it. The heating wasn't off for too long in the end.

      Delete
  6. I hope you feel better very soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mary-Lou. I'm responding to this comment on Thursday and am happy to say that I'm feeling much better today.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts