Tuesday

It's a misty start to the day and it looks very wet and dreary out there. It's also cold as the power is on/off again but this time due to a power cut rather than to avoid electrocuting the workmen! They don't seem to feel the cold and keep leaving the front and back doors open, so the house is cold again. Actually, it's been three short power cuts so far so I'm hopeful that it won't last all day.

On the plus side, my knee is back to normal. I have no idea why it was swollen and painful yesterday but was obviously nothing serious so I'm not going to worry about it. I don't know what I'll do today now. Upstairs is packed with industrious men, either painting ceilings or preparing for tiling so I need to keep out of their way. I was going to cook up some meals for the freezer but that's out of the question now so no doubt I'll end up reading for most of the day. 

I'm writing this on my phone so it's going be short as I want to save the battery  but at least I'll be able to update the blog today. The power cuts don't usually last for too long thank goodness as I'm gasping for a hot drink. 

Comments

  1. So glad the knee is so much better. Excellent.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joy, I'm relieved that it appears to be okay again.

      Delete
  2. Glad to hear the knee is better. Oh I like a day of reading - I hope you get to rest that knee for another day, just to be sure :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mary-Lou. I've spent the day reading again so am feeling completely relaxed and pain free.

      Delete
  3. So glad to hear that your knee is better! And you got to spend the day reading and relaxing. But sorry about the power cuts and the house being cold again, especially with the workmen leaving the doors open! Brr! The work will be done, soon, and you'll hopefully be able to have a nice warm house before too long! Hope the weather picks up, too, and you have some clear, sunny days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bless. The power supply was back to normal this afternoon so I was able to keep the living room nice and warm. It was too wet to go out today so I don't feel at all guilty about reading for moat of the day.

      Delete
  4. Olá Eileen,
    Que bom que seu joelho já não dói.
    Ler é uma óptima opção
    Espero que seus dias sejam repletos de sol e alegria.
    Abraços,
    Ailime
    Obrigada pela sua visita.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ailime, I've had a couple of restful days so am feeling much better.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts