Sunday and the week ahead.

It's been a very different sort of Sunday! We went to the cinema for an 11:45 am screening of The House With A Clock In Its Walls, 'we' being J and myself. Described as a family film, it was an enjoyable and undemanding break in the middle of what has turned out to be a busy weekend.

It's going to be a busy week. Tomorrow will be taken up with the final push to move things around to make enough space to store my new double bed and then I'll be carrying on/catching up with some band admin. Tuesday, the plumbers will be back for the final push to finish the en-suite and then start on the other bathroom. On Wednesday the new sofa and chairs, and the new bed, mattress and headboard are due to be delivered. Thursday I have medical appointments, and on Friday I'm hoping to get the adverts done to sell some instruments and some of the odds and ends which didn't go to auction.

Socially, on Monday evening I'm trying out a local singing group which meets in the church where I used to sing in the choir as a child. Tuesday night is the book group; I've finished the book, a good read, and am looking forward to discussing it with everyone. Wednesday night should be friends coming round but most of them are poorly and couldn't come to the cinema this morning so this may be cancelled ... we'll just see how everyone is feeling on the day. Thursday night is back to the cinema to see Bohemian Rhapsody, about the life of Freddy Mercury of Queen fame, and Friday is the film society meeting but I can't remember which film is scheduled for this week. Saturday morning will be spent with the rest of the music team to sort out the music folders ready for January. The others have never done this before and I don't think they realise just how long it will take as I doubt that we'll get it finished in the two hours we've set aside for the task. 

Comments

  1. I'm glad you were able to take a break to see a movie with your friend, Eileen. Sounds like you are going to have a full week with something happening practically every day, next week! A good mixture of things being done around the house and social interactions. Hope your friends are well enough to come over on Wednesday. Enjoy your week. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bless. It seems to be all or nothing at the moment ... the following week I have nothing planned.

      Delete
  2. I'm sure the sorting will take much longer - that sort of thing always does. I love how much you have going on in your life but give yourself some 'me' time too, won't you? I hope your friends recover quickly.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right about that. I need to store the bed for at least a month so the sorting to make space, and still have a usable room is proving to be a bit of a nightmare!

      Delete
  3. Lots planned for the week. We also want to see Bohemian Rhapsody. Fingers crossed it all goes to plan & that friends are well enough to join you in your adventures & well that they don't pass anything on to you (col).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a busy week! As long as the furniture us delivered on Wednesday and I get to my medical appointments I'll be happy, even if the rest of it all goes wrong!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts