Meeting Friends ...

At last! I have something different to blog about so I'm back online. 

There is still a huge pile of tiles in the middle of the living room and a couple of large cardboard boxes are masquerading as the davenport desk and the small armchair (while I'm trying to imagine how the room will look when the new furniture is here), but last night was my first 'having friends round for a meal' night. Okay, it was only one friend (J) and we had a takeaway delivered which we had to eat on our laps in the living room as the table is piled high with things still to be sorted, but ... I still 'entertained' at home. I can't really explain why this was so significant for me as I've often had people round for meals since I moved to this house, but this time it felt like a 'first' and a 'moving forward' occasion. 

The tiler is back today after a day off (due to a tooth extraction) so the tiling will definitely be finished today and he may have time to install the new toilet as well (he's also the plumber!). After that, it shouldn't take long to finish the basin and the shower, and then they'll move on to the family bathroom.

I'm out later this morning to meet Joy for coffee and, as well as catching up with all the news, we'll be discussing the list for the Winter Photo Scavenger Hunt. 

Comments

  1. Have a really lovely time with your friend.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's good that you were able to have a friend over to dinner, last night. I think it was important to you because this was the first time you were able to have someone over after you began your renovations. It signifies that things have progressed to a point where you can entertain at home. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you were able to have your friend over last night. You sound like you've got lots going on with your house but work is coming along. Hope you have a good time with Joy today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It seems like all the last bits are taking so long ... but oh your poor plumber/tiler getting a tooth removed - OUCH. We don't entertain as much as we use to & sometimes I miss that ... I bet your friend enjoyed your company more than whether you sat at the table or not :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts