A Quick Catch Up ...

It's been raining on and off all day, is still very windy and is definitely a day for staying at home.

The living room is nearly finished, or at least as finished as it is going to be for now. The walls and ceiling have been painted white, all the electrics have been finished and the TV mounted on a swivel bracket on the wall. Still to be done are to reconnect the two radiators (this week), the gloss paintwork (when all the messy work is finished) and re-hang the blinds (this week, hopefully). For the time being the old sofa has been moved back into the room and, if I ignore the pile of tiles and radiators in the middle of the room, it's feeling like 'home' again and I have a pleasant space to relax in the evenings.

The first fix electric have been completed in my bedroom, the en-suite and the family bathroom and those ceilings have been skimmed. The decorator will paint the en-suite and bathroom ceilings by Wednesday and then N and D will start to refit and tile the en-suite, after which they will move on to redoing the family bathroom. We're getting there! 

I haven't been out much but during the week I arranged to go out with Julie and Lauren, together with another friend we have in common, Sue. Lives are changing and if we don't make the effort to see each other we will lose touch, so this is to be a monthly girl's night out. Hopefully Julie's other daughters will also come if they happen to be visiting home. This time we went to a pub quiz and we won first prize - £40 of vouchers which we'll put towards a meal in December. It won't necessarily always be a quiz as you don't really have much opportunity to chat and catch up, but we'll see how it evolves. 

Apart from that I haven't really done much. I'm off to visit my favourite school tomorrow to let them have some of the resources I used when teaching recorders. A bit of a double whammy as it'll be lovely to see everyone again and I'll be clearing out another big pile of things I no longer need at home. The rest of the week I'll be at home .... supervising!

Comments

  1. Congratulations on the quiz!
    It's been chucking it down all day here too. Really not nice. It's got colder too.
    Hope the week goes well.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done! I don't think I have come close to winning a quiz!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts