Take Three Thursday | Liverpool (again!)

I haven't been outside of the house much in the past week so have had to search through recent photos for today's contribution to Mary-Lou's Take Three Thursday. The ones I've chosen are from my recent stay in Liverpool, showing the Metropolitan Cathedral of Christ the King, known locally as Paddy's Wigwam.

The first one was taken from the top of the Anglican Cathedral. You can see how the cathedral got the nickname!



The next two were taken from the top deck of the tour bus, this one showing the tower ....


.... and this one showing the bells. The tower cannot support the bells so they are mounted on a bell tower outside of the building. Their official names are Matthew, Mark, Luke and John but are known to the locals as John, Paul, George and Ringo!

Comments

  1. Thanks for joining in Eileen. I like the bells local name ... not sure I'd find it an attractive building although the photo of just the tower looking up through the trees reminds me of a castle turret & isn't that bad. The bell tower itself is quite nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, ha, I like the local's names for the bells! Yes, I can see how the building got its nickname! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember disliking it when i visited many years ago. I think perhaps now i would appreciate it more. Great titbit about those bells! I'll remember that!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts