Monday Morning

I was fine yesterday, had an undisturbed night, but this morning have woken with an extremely painful and swollen knee joint so I'm back to hobbling around the house again. Luckily I only have to  go out to get some bread, but will be able to manage if I decide that driving to the shop isn't going to happen. It's nearly time for the monthly Tesco delivery so I can easily bring it forward if needed.

The plumber is here (making enough noise to wake this side of town!) fitting in the shower tray in the en-suite. He has a couple of other things to do after that but ... fanfare of trumpets 🎶🎶🎶 ... will sort out the two radiators in the living room before he leaves. The temperature has dropped enough so that the central heating needs to be switched on, especially first thing in the morning. 

The builder will be here later to install the brackets to hold the basin. If the plan works the basin will be sitting on a worksurface that has no visible means of support, something which will look good but actually requires lots of hidden metalwork and reinforcing. 

As for me, I'll have to keep out of their way, sort out an ice pack for my knee and maybe try for a doctor's appointment if the problem continues. 

Comments

  1. Oh sorry to hear about your knee - makes everything difficult to move about on. RICE = rest, ice, compression & elevation is the recipe for it I believe. I hope you did have a good visit at your favourite school & how generous to donate resources you don't need. It seems to be the season of decluttering ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately I've had to postpone the school visit as it's definitely too far to drive with a painful knee. I'm curled up on the sofa, the central heating is back on (hurray) and I'm resting my knee while I read my latest book - The Burial Hour by Jeffrey Deaver, one of his Lincoln Rhyme series.

      Delete
  2. Sorry to hear about your knee, Eileen. Hope it gets better, soon. If it doesn't, then, definitely have it seen by a doctor. So glad to hear that the heat is on! Enjoy the warmth and your book while you rest your knee.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Having a warm home has made everything feel just that little bit better. The swelling has gone down so I'm hopeful that it will be a quick recovery. Thank you for your kind kind wishes.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts