Sunday

A day of peace and quiet after a busy Saturday ... just what I need.

The new beginners all turned up at band yesterday and did extremely well. It's obviously early days but, based on how well they did yesterday, I think they will all be quick learners and will gain early promotion to the junior band. Let's hope so anyway as we are more likely to keep them once they can move to playing with the rest of the band. 

After band finished I met with a friend for lunch. We haven't seen each other for a few weeks because of holidays and her work commitments so we had plenty to chat about. We didn't take any notice of the time and when we did finally pause for breath it was gone 4 o'clock and we both needed to rush off to other things. In the end I was too late for what I'd planned to do so I spent the rest of the day at home catching up. The electricity is switched off most days and I haven't been able to run the washing machine during the day, so I took the opportunity to catch up with the laundry. It's all done now with just some ironing to finish off later today. 

There will be people here working every day next week so, as I'll need to stay out of their way again, I'm going to use the time to reorganise the cupboards in my hobbies room. Tomorrow will be the day for emptying all the cupboards, although I'm not sure where I'll put everything as I'm using this room to store the boxes of living room ornaments etc. while the work is done. I'll also need to bring some of the things up from the cupboard in the music room. Tuesday will be the day for putting things back in their new home. If I manage to get that done I'll be a happy bunny!

Comments

  1. Good luck with all the moving of stuff around, Eileen. As we say, it'll be lovely when it's all over! The new beginners sound very promising and I'm sure they will love the experiences.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so jealous of you getting your place the way you want it! I see jobs everywhere I look and just feel overwhelmed by everything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you are very busy with the renovations and band! Glad you were able to meet up with your friend over lunch and get all your laundry done. Good luck with organizing your cupboards and putting things back in their place!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts