Friday

The decorator has finished for now and will be back in two weeks to complete the work. The landing, stairs and all the internal doors upstairs have been done so when he comes back he just has the downstairs doors and hallway to finish off.

Not that I've left it to the last minute or anything (!) but today is all about getting some new music printed and collated, ready to issue at band tomorrow morning. 


I will have three sets ready so that's plenty to be going on with. All I have left to do is fold the A3 sheets for one set and then put all the parts I want to issue in plastic wallets (to save time tomorrow). It always takes longer than I think but I'll finish with the next hour or so, and then my time is my own to do whatever I feel like.

I need to put all my clothes back in the cupboards in my bedroom and this seems like an ideal opportunity to sort through and dispose of the items I don't want. I'm leaving it until after band tomorrow, and will spend some time over the weekend getting it done and organising both cupboards. That'll be another task to tick off the list!

Comments

  1. I love a good sort out, when I stopped working I got rid of loads, it's very rewarding when your wardrobes are not over full with clothes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m not looking forward to this bit of sorting. I attempted it fairly recently and gave up, so need to make more progress this time!

      Delete
  2. Sounds like you'll have the music all sorted out well before band on Saturday. :) Good luck with sorting through your clothes. It can be overwhelming. If you find you can't do it all in one go, may I suggest putting them back in the closet with the hangers facing the other way than how you usually have them? Then, when a garment is worn and returned to the closet, put it back with the hanger facing the usual way. At the end of 6 months (or, even, 1 year, if you prefer), it'll be easy to see which items have been worn at least once and which ones are still unworn; then, you can ask yourself why you haven't worn them and if you still want to keep them, etc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m going to be ruthless with my choices. I know which clothes I wear and which I don’t so if I don’t overthink it I should get through it easily. I’ve been doing something similar to your suggestion for a while (I think you’ve mentioned it before and something stuck in my brain) and will continue to do it in the future ... but the immediate problem is to get rid of the obvious rubbish. If I can manage that I’ll be happy ... 😚

      Delete
  3. Always a good opportunity to have a sort. I always find that when I reorganise a cupboard I can never find anything!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I’m having that problem in my playroom now I’ve reorganised all the cupboards!

      Delete
  4. Ah the clothes cupboard/closet sort. I have put mine off with the excuse of the weather is still winter. Hope you have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It’s definitely spring here so I have no excuses. It has to be done!

      Hope you have a good weekend too.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts