Friday

Nothing is going right today. I had lots arranged and so far haven't achieved anything. 

S my cleaner is poorly so the company has cancelled for today and can't offer a replacement this time. It's not really a huge problem so I've asked that she waits for her next scheduled visit in two weeks time as some of my other diary dates have been arranged to fit around S's time slot and I don't want to have to rearrange everything. J is supposed to be doing my garden tonight but he is dependent on a lift from S so I don't know if that is going to happen or whether they will contact me to rearrange a date and time. I'll get everything ready for the agreed time and then see what happens!

To get ready for J, I need to go to the garden centre and buy some more weed membrane but can't go until an expected courier delivery turns up. I've changed my broadband provider, saving me £12 a month, and the new hub is due to arrive this morning. 

I had a response to one of my adverts and was expecting that sale to happen today, but the person has contacted me to say they have changed their mind, so back to square one on that item! It's a frustrating time due to so many time wasters and I'm seriously considering taking everything but the doll's house and camera equipment to the charity shop and just clearing the space. There are a few other items that will realise a significant value but they are all small and I can find a space in a cupboard for them until they are sold. I'll make my decision at the end of the month. 

To deal with the frustrations of the day, this is my chosen joyful activity ...


Comments

  1. I'm hoping the joyful moments of playing the piano will make up for those disappointing moments. That sucks about the person backing out of the sale. It's one reason I don't post things online & garage sales/boot sales is where everyone wants a better deal than being offered, so many time wasters.. I'm taking several boxes of clear out to the church hall today - tomorrow is the church's annual garage sale. Our church hall is in the centre of the village, you cannot but help see the signs & activity - it is one of our biggest sources of "extra" cash for the church. I convince myself it's part of my giving to donate to this garage sale ... Happy weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm just playing scales which I detest on any other instrument but for some reason find really relaxing on the piano!

      I honestly don't understand why people pretend that they want to buy when they know that they don't have the money or and not really interested. Your church sale sounds like a good way of making donations and supporting the church from the sale of your unwanted items - hope it is a success.

      Delete
  2. What an incredibly complicated day for you. It'll soon be finished and fingers crossed that tomorrow everything slots neatly into place.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have any commitments for the weekend so I can just please myself ... I'm really looking forward to it!

      Delete
  3. Don't you just hate days like that? I like your joyful activity of the day and it reminds me that it's been weeks since I last touched my piano other than to dust it! Hope the delivery arrived in time for you to go and buy what you needed and J is able to do the work, today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the delivery arrived but it was the wrong hub so has to be exchanged. I enjoyed my bit of time on the piano ... a lovely, calming bit of therapy!

      Delete
  4. Glad you got through what had the makings of a frustrating day. Seriously - the wrong hub too?! It really is a mystery why people say they want things then don't turn up, or back out. Even on freecycle... it's free so you'd think it couldn't be simpler yet still there are timewasters galore! Sorry, that was meant to be solidarity, not just a supplementary whinge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I phoned to query the hub I received because it wasn't the model stated in the paperwork and yes, it has to be changed! As to the time wasters, I don't understand them as I can't see any enjoyment in pretending to be interested and then letting someone down.

      ... I didn't read your comment as a whinge, and anyway it's difficult not to when you've experienced it yourself!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts