Friday

Another good result when I saw my GP yesterday as my blood pressure is back to an acceptable level. It means I'm back to taking the three different medications every day so it feels like a bit of a step backwards but it's a quick turn around and proves that the third tablet is needed. We also discussed why I feel unwell all the time and he has ordered some blood tests as the starting point. The earliest appointment for that is in two weeks time, so not long to wait but in the meantime his suggestion is to just go by how I feel and not overdo the exercise. 


My joyful activity for today will be playing an instrument, probably my tenor horn ... I'll use the practice mute so I don't disturb the neighbours! Apart from that I don't really have anything planned, so maybe a bit of time working in the garden or there are some bits and bobs of admin that I'd like to get finished and out of the way. 

Comments

  1. Excellent news! Yes, sometimes, that 3rd tablet is essential, as my own doctors found out, when they tried to make adjustments to my pressure medications. I'm glad your doctor will do some blood tests. Hopefully, it isn't anything serious. Have they checked your vitamin D levels? Mine was very low at one point and now I take supplements.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He has requested a load of tests but I can't remember if vitamin D is one of them. The most likely cause is repeated occurrences of the virus I had at Christmas as this would explain the fatigue and other symptoms. That's the result we are both expecting so the blood tests are to eliminate any underlying issues.

      Delete
  2. Such good news - well done. I'm glad they're exploring the other issue of general unwellness too - it's not nice to feel so dragged down all the time.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm lucky to have a doctor who will listen and act on what I say. In my twenties I had the misfortune to have doctors who failed to listen or just dismissed my concerns so I truly appreciate the attitude of my current doctor. I was upset when my previous doctor left the surgery because he was so good but this new one is proving to be of the same high standard.

      Delete
  3. I know that no one likes taking medication, but if it gives that needed boost to health, well then, thank you Doctor. Your lovely photo made me think of nature's use of the Fibonacci sequence. Maybe after your joyful activity today, sitting & enjoying all the work you've done so far is part two of the joyful activity. We woke to 7(c) this morning, so no joyful morning tea on the patio!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Luckily I don't have any nasty side effects from the tablets but the one I've just added back in can impact on kidney and liver function so has to be monitored through blood tests and it's for that reason that, in an ideal world, I'd stop the tablet. I can see that I need it so stopping it isn't an option and there isn't a suitable alternative.

      It's too cold to consider sitting outside today so I'm tucked up on the sofa with a blanket, book, and a double chocolate mocha.

      Delete
  4. Lower blood pressure is always a good thing. I hope you get more answers, so that you can be feeling your best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I have the blood tests this Tuesday so I don't have long to wait now.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts