Monday


I was out of bed by 7 am again, washed, fed and ready to face the world before 8 am. Not bad for a Bank Holiday Monday!

I have no plans for today except to do a bit of clearing in the garden if the weather permits - it's cold, windy and trying to rain even though the weather forecast has promised us that it won't ... the weather clearly hasn't read the forecast!

So far this morning I've done some piano practice and then finished sorting out my clothes. I haven't put them back in the cupboard yet because the paint still feels a bit 'tacky'. I've been ruthless, getting rid of all the poorly fitting, tatty or purchase mistakes that I've been holding on to for some unknown reason; so much has gone that I'll need to replace some items otherwise I really won't have anything to wear when I go out so there will be some retail therapy in the near future.  I have a lot to either cut up for rags or to take to the charity shop and I've also filled another box with odds and ends for the charity shop, so that's cleared a bit more space. And ... at long last I've started listing the items for sale on Gumtree, so fingers are crossed that there is some interest and it all sells.

I'm going to sort out lunch now (roast chicken, roast potatoes, sprouts, cauliflower, cabbage and gravy) and then will settle down to read the book for the new book group - I need to read it by next Monday so I have plenty of time.

Comments

  1. A good start ... I'm always reminded of that saying "start as you mean to go on". An early start to the day means I can get my outside walk in before the forecast rain & cooler weather settling in for the week. I've still got my storage closet to tackle & it scares me! Fingers crossed for lots of interest & those items are sold quickly & out of the house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My trouble is that I’m good at starting but rubbish at keeping going! Good luck with the storage closet x

      Delete
  2. Hello Eileen,
    How are you?
    Thanks for visit me.
    Your plans are allways well thought.
    I wish you a good week.
    Hugs
    Ailime

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your kind words Ailime. I feeling fine and things are going well.

      Delete
  3. Hooray for your sorting! I too have recently got rid of quite a lot of clothes. There are more that should go by rights, but I have a problem with parting with things that are almost unworn. It just seems such a waste of money! I might revisit the project at the end if the year, when, with a bit of luck, I'll be at or close to my target weight, which will help to tip some of the decisions one way or the other.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Last time I tried to sort through my clothes I failed miserably and gave up. This time it was much easier and I’ve got rid of nearly new teaching outfits and things I bought but have never worn, all to make room for the clothes I prefer to wear now.

      Congratulations on being so close to your target weight, that’s fantastic news xx

      Delete
    2. Not that close! Stil a good stone/stone and a half to shift. I'll get back to it at some point... She says...

      Delete
    3. I have every confidence in you xx

      Delete
  4. Wow! I'm impressed! Both with your getting up early and decluttering! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m forcing myself to stay with the plan. We’ll see how long I can keep it up!

      Delete
  5. It all sounds great and even if things changed you will achieve more than you otherwise would. Good for you!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joy. I’m definitely getting more done in the mornings and that feeling of productivity is spurring me on to get the decluttering over and done with.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts