Monday

I haven't replied individually but I'd like to thank you all for your kind words yesterday ... they really helped.

Strangely, yesterday proved to be a trigger of sorts and I feel I've made a huge leap forward. I was looking through some of the things I haven't felt able to let go and had a sort of light-bulb moment; these are things that Ced treasured but which, if I'm completely honest, I don't want. They are packed away unappreciated, are taking up much needed space, and in some ways are preventing me from fully moving on. So, I spent the afternoon photographing everything and tomorrow will place some adverts. Any money I make from the sales will be put toward something to go on the wall(s) in the living room. This morning, I still feel completely at ease with this decision ... it's the right time.

I've found someone to clear the garden for me at the bargain price of £50. He's doing it over a couple of evening this week so that's another problem sorted.

Today the children will be turning up for their music lessons so I'm finishing off some flash cards for the first timer and then just need to do a quick check through my notes to see where I am with the others. 


Tonight is the first meeting of the Sci-Fi and Fantasy book group. The chosen book (the Limpet Syndrome) was not the best read but should give plenty of scope for discussion.

Comments

  1. I'm glad yesterday was a positive one for you. What a great find in that person to do your garden for a reasonable price. Fingers crossed that the book club meeting tonight is a success with all participants wanting more. Is it only ladies in this book club?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At the moment no men have signed up to the book group but they are not excluded.

      The lad doing my garden in the boyfriend of the girl who does my cleaning. He’s is going to clear all the weeds, lay membrane and cover it with gravel or bark to make it easier to maintain in the future. Any new planting I will have to manage myself or find someone else as this guy isn’t interested in that side of things. It a good cheap start though so I’m happy with the deal.

      Delete
  2. Well done - a really positive outcome from a difficult day.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joy. It’s a case of reaching a decision that lightens the load, so to speak.

      Delete
  3. I'm glad that you have reached this point in moving on. Glad you got someone to help with the garden, too. It sounds like you are getting things done! Hope the book club meeting goes well and you have fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The new book group was a success. The venue was much better, very welcoming and there is a small function room we can use so I'm moving the other book group to this pub from next month.

      Delete
  4. Well done. I think you have to come to this point when it is right for you, not when the calendar says you have reached a certain point on a schedule. If your decisions still feel right the next day, or next week, that it good. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely feel that this recent decision to dispose of the rest of his 'treasures' is the right one ... no second thought at all!

      Delete
    2. "treasure" is definitely personal and depends upon perspective! I know you take photos of items you are going to sell, but something I do when having a clear out is take photos of the "stuff". That way if I choose I can see the item which triggers a memory but I do not have to have the actual thing around.

      Delete
    3. I do that too, particularly in the early days before I accepted in my mind that I wouldn't forget him. The important memories are always there 😃

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts