Sunday

It's a very special day today. Had he lived, it would have been Ced's 80th birthday and every year I choose this date to celebrate that he lived and that I was so lucky to have known him.


Obviously I think of him every day, but today is all about taking the time and making the effort to remember his life and give thanks. Sometimes this is with family, other times with friends who knew him and on one occasion, a holiday to Cornwall which is a place we both loved. Today I have chosen to celebrate alone so will be cooking a favourite meal (diet, what diet?) and taking out those treasured memories from that special place in my heart and remembering those happy times we spent together.

Comments

  1. Sending you lots of love and hopes that the sweetness of the memories far outweighs any bitterness and sadness.
    Much love to you. xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you have a lovely day celebrating the life of someone who was so special to you. I know you cherish your memories of your time together. Have a blessed day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a good date to celebrate your life together, remembering the wonderful memories.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful way to celebrate Ced's life. Sending lots of happy thoughts across the pond.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope it's been a good day Eileen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Boa tarde Eileen,
    Recordar é viver e é uma forma maravilhosa de celebrar o Aniversário e a memória de CED.
    Um abraço e bom domingo.
    Ailime

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahh indeed a bittersweet day on what would have been such a special day. I have you in my thoughts. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you had lots and lots of memories to recall on his birthday. I prefer remembered those who are gone on their birthdays rather than their last day too. Consider yourself hugged.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts