Thursday

Another busy day in the kitchen. I’ve given up for today as the internal doors in hall are being painted and I have the start of a migraine. 


The three boxes on the right are filled with grated cheese ... I didn’t lose too much skin this time! The others contain pasta bolognese (with plenty of the sauce so the pasta doesn’t dry out when it’s reheated) and sausage casseroles. Yesterday’s boxes contained shepherds pie, chilli, butternut squash soup, and bottom of the fridge soup. I’ve been given a load of cabbages, cauliflowers and sprouts so I need to do something with those tomorrow. I’ll keep some to use over the new few days but I can’t eat it all before it goes off, so will be freezing most of it.

I’m off out now to buy an electric waffle maker which was advertised for sale on a local online site. It’s brand new and is being sold for £8. Waffles for breakfast tomorrow!

Comments

  1. That's great value for a waffle maker. Enjoy your waffles!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a bargain. Apparently the seller’s relative bought every electronic gadget going on QVC and the family is trying to recoup some of the money.

      Delete
  2. Oh, there's nothing worse than paint fumes if you suffer from migranes, I hope you feel better soon. I used to do quite a bit of batch cooking but I've got out of the habit, it's good to have some meals in the freezer on standby so it's something I must start doing again soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don’t eat as healthily when I fail to batch cook. I find it difficult to have a variety of meals and use up the ingredients when only cooking for one.

      Delete
  3. Oh I do like waffles ... the latest fad is to have waffles instead of a bun for a burger.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m not sure if I fancy replacing a bun with a waffle. I like Belgium waffles with maple syrup and ice cream but they’ll have to be an occasional treat now I’m trying to lose weight!

      Delete
  4. Happy new waffle maker! Yum! Those meals look enticing too... I'd probably have to stick to the grated cheese though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You could have the butternut squash soup ... no tomatoes in that.

      Delete
  5. Seeing all your bulk cooked meals is making me want to do some, myself! Waffles for breakfast sounds good, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m glad I took the time to cook the meals. It doesn’t take much effort but the knowledge that I can care for myself on poorly days gives me peace of mind. I can recommend waffles as the perfect way to start the day!

      Delete
  6. Eileen, I am so thrilled to see someone else cooking like I do!

    I also cost out my bulk cooking and find that I can have (for example) a meat casserole with lots of decent quality protein for less than half the price of chasing a couple of lumps of stringy beef around a "ready made one" from the supermarket. So not only are you and I eating better, but I reckon we save a lot of ££ too. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, this definitely keeps the costs down. I also know I have something suitable to eat (i.e. won’t make me ill) on the days I don’t feel 100%.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts