Tuesday

The new book group was a success. We chose a different venue for this book group and it turned out the be a good decision, so good that I'll move the other book group to this new venue as well. The staff were so welcoming and there is a function room we can hire (no cost!) so won't have to deal with the noise of the main pub. 

So, this morning is all about photographing the rest of the things to be sold. I'll be selling my doll's house as well - I've had a couple of half-hearted attempts and at one time a cousin was interested in buying it, but it's still here and I don't have room for it and it's time for it to go ... I need to dust it properly before I take the photos for the ads!


The things underneath the table are all to do with cameras and computers so won't take long to sort out. The things in the really useful boxes (blue handles on the right of the photo) are crafting supplies or parts for the doll's house, so once they are emptied I also have to decide what I want to do with the boxes.

The contents of the cardboard boxes in the photo below are waiting patiently to be sold. I've placed the adverts and now have to sit back and wait. The two small tables and the old video recorders have been sold and are awaiting collection.


Upstairs there is a pile of books that I want to sell, and then it'll all be done!

J will be here this evening to start clearing the garden, and tomorrow the decorator returns to paint the hall, the cloakroom, and the gloss work in the music room and the downstairs internal doors. This will be the end of the decorating, so another milestone will be reached by Friday.

I have to clear out the music room (of everything but the piano) ready for tomorrow so for the rest of the week will have a couple of plastic crates and some chairs stacked in the living room - I'm running out of space to put things! The contents of the cupboards can stay so it is just the stuff on top of the piano and the chairs, extra music stands, etc. It won't take long. 

Then I need to get to the doctor's surgery by 2:00pm to have my blood pressure checked ready for a telephone consultation with the doctor on Friday. I've never done it this way before but he doesn't have any appointments for the next two weeks and I will run out of medication before then, so we'll see how this goes. I'll do a bit of shopping while I'm out so that I don't have to go out later in the week.

Comments

  1. Yeah to the book club meeting. Our library has a quiet area for bookclub meetings.
    What a lovely doll's house. I wonder if anything in the blue handled bins would have something for making a fairy garden spot in your garden? You are really making headway with the clearing & sorting out. I had great intentions to tackle a drawer of old crafting stuff yesterday - it hides in the basement, but I got too emotional to really clear out - so that's for another rainy evening when the big girl pants are on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our library has a quiet area but it doesn’t stay open late enough so it won’t work as a venue for either of the book groups.

      The crafting stuff is paper punches, card and ribbons so nothing suitable for outdoors. It’s an emotional experience with the decluttering - a sort of journey in a way - so I hope you manage to clear the stuff in the basement without too many tears and upset xx

      Delete
  2. I love that doll's house and, if I had the space, I'd buy it from you like a shot. But I don't so I will resist and wish that you find a loving home for it.
    Good luck with the blood pressure thing.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It’s huge! It’s a constant reminder of what could have been so the sooner if goes now, the better.

      The blood pressure results were appalling and the doctor will be phoning me to discuss them on Thursday. It probably explains why I’ve been feeling so poorly lately.

      Delete
  3. Step by step and a little patience and much work you are transforming your home in a beautiful place!
    I hoppe that your blood pressure are normal.
    Hugs
    Ailime

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ailime. Yes, my home is nearly finished... for now. The garden will be my next priority and when that’s done I can sit back and enjoy it all.

      Sadly my blood pressure is really high and my medication is being reviewed on Thursday.

      Delete
  4. So glad that the book club gathering went so well. :)

    You are doing great with the decluttering, too! I love that doll's house! And I'd have taken those blue handled boxes off of you! Maybe it's a good thing I'm across the pond from you! LOL. I should finish the doll's house I do have!

    I'm sorry your blood pressure was so high. Hopefully, the medication adjustment will help. Do you have a blood pressure monitor at home? I am supposed to check my pressure daily, usually before I take my medications, which works out to three times a day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don’t have a monitor at home. Usually my BP is reasonably stable (but too high!) so it isn’t necessary. This latest reading is a shock but is either related to reducing the medication six months ago, or is connected to why I’be been feeling so tired and poorly recently.

      I want to get rid of the storage boxes because it will just encourage me to fill them with goodness knows what if I keep them. Yes, it is just as well you live miles away from me - the distance is saving you from yourself 🤔

      Delete
  5. Wow, you have achieved so much :-) xx

    When we moved up here I bought loads of Really Useful Tubs. We were fortunate to live near a huge distributor and purchased at warehouse prices. I was horrified recently to see how much they now cost, so even when empty, consider keeping them because they REALLY are the most useful boxes I have ever had. If you get rid of them I fear you might regret it later.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They'll probably go out in the garage when I've emptied them, until I decide what to do. I agree that I will regret it if I do get rid of them but there's just so many of them!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts