Tuesday

I’ve been busy with band stuff this morning. Our equipment is kept in the basement of the building we use for practice sessions and that’s where I’ve been working. I haven’t finished but it was so hot down there (the windows don’t open) that I packed some stuff in carrier backs and have brought it back to work on at home. It’s so hot outside that by the time I got back to the car I was feeling a bit wobbly from my efforts and was glad to get home ... a few minutes  sitting a cool room with a refreshing drink and I was okay again. Note to self, take it easy and carry water with me!

As soon as I was feeling human again I sorted through my post and found the stack of books my sister had left for me (a huge carrier of books put over the side gate). Best of all was a beautiful card from Mary-Lou in Canada ... happy post is always a joy to receive and this really cheered me up, so thank you for thinking of me Mary-Lou.




As for the rest of the day, I have one lesson to do for a child who was on a school trip yesterday and then I have no other commitments. If I can summon up the energy I will carry on with the band stuff but we have a two week break so there’s no rush to get it finished. Other than that, all I really want to get done today is to water the back garden this evening and clear out a couple of pots.

Comments

  1. You are most welcome, truly a pleasure for me. I am most surprised at how quickly it got to you - restores my confidence in Canada's postal system. I find that I get shaky if I get too warm without replenishing my water intake so that's a good reminder. Hopefully you'll get to enjoy a moment or two on your lovely patio to take a look at some of those books.








































































































    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’ve been on the phone to my sister most of the afternoon as I missed her when she dropped the books round. I have one lesson to teach and then a friend is coming round tonight so sadly, there’s no time for relaxing on the patio today.

      Delete
  2. Glad you felt better after you came home and rested. Yes, good idea to carry water with you and maybe a small snack, too, for quick energy, if needed. How lovely to receive a card in the mail and all those books from your sister! Hope you have a good rest of the day and a nice visit with your friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't realised just how hot it was. My house doesn't have direct sun that early in the day so the rooms stay cool and I should have changed as soon as I stepped outside but I didn't bother, thinking I'd be okay. Famous last words!

      It seems to have been a day for catching up with people, all unplanned which is often the best way. It's been a fun day.

      Delete
  3. It certainly is warm for this time of year. I am having to do more watering than expected. Take one of those books, put your feet up in the shade and read one of those books. I have just listened to The Sapphire Widow on audio. It was a good accompaniment in the car driving to and from Cornwall.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's my plan for this afternoon. I'm starting with the Nicci French book, have a tall glass filled with ice and an elderflower drink, and some veggie crisps for nibbles.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts