Wednesday

The man who runs the print shop is my new best friend! Each music book was copied, collated, folded and stapled in one pass of his all singing, all dancing machine ... he saved me hours of work, which meant that yesterday afternoon and evening was spent reading. I've left it really late to read the book for the next book group and, typically (because I've left it late), it's a bit boring and I'm having to force myself to keep reading.

I didn't get up early this morning as I woke in the night with the threat of a migraine so took some medication. I'm only allowed two tablets within a 48 hour period and took the second one four hours after the first; it's done the job in that the migraine hasn't developed, but all I want to do now is sleep. One tablet I can cope with and keep going as normal but two tablets act as knock out drops as far as I'm concerned. This means I didn't get up until 8:30am.


It's pouring with rain and the house is cold. One of the radiators in the living room has developed a very small leak, which thankfully I discovered very quickly and the carpet hasn't been damaged. The repairman is coming tomorrow but since speaking to him I have also discovered that the boiler keeps switching itself off and has to be reset each time. I don't know if this is to do with the leak or is a completely different issue but at least the boiler is still under warranty. For the time being I have left it switched off and am relying on an electric heater, although I may just go back to bed and sleep!

Comments

  1. Rainy day & chilly - yes I agree, a perfect day to go back to bed. Rest is the order of the day. When having all the right equipment, such as a photocopier that collates, folds & staples, it does make a big job simpler & quicker.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We’ve had a thunderstorm which explains the migraine and now the storm had gone over, I’m feeling a bit better. It’s still raining but I don’t have that pressure feeling I get before and during a storm. All of which explains why I didn’t feel the need to go back to bed - I feel sleepy from the medication but will get over it sooner if I ‘work’ through it.

      Delete
  2. All rainy days should be duvet days. I can remember finding a radiator had got a hole in it and when I phoned the plumber he told me to get a match and tap it in the hole with hammer. He said the wood would swell and block the hole until he could get there in the morning. And it did just that. Still had to have a new radiator but it definitely saved the carpet. Funny the little things you remember.

    Mitzi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The leak is from the valve rather than the body of the radiator. This is one of the new radiator, replaced at the end of last year, so I’ll be annoyed if it has to be replaced so soon.

      Delete
  3. Eileen, we had a similar thing with a new boiler when we were refurbing this house. Turned out the boiler had not been wired in correctly and whilst it was not dangerous, it was putting itself into Engineer mode when it shouldn't have been. Don't know if it is something you could mention to your repair chap?

    Hope the migraine has settled down. I used to suffer very badly and the medication you are taking sounds similar to stuff I had.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I take Naratriptan for migraines. The boiler issue and the radiator leak have been sorted quickly and cheaply. The repairman is the one who installed and services the boiler and he knew straight away what was causing the problem. The radiator was installed by someone else, hence the problem I think. I'll stick to this chap for all future boiler and plumbing work.

      Delete
  4. I'm glad you were able to ward off the migraine, even if it left you feeling sleepy. Glad that the printer was able to get your printing job done and saved you lots of time and effort. Hope that the radiator and the boiler will be easy fixes. Glad you have the electric heater to keep you warm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The printer man was brilliant. On top of his efficiency he always supports the band by giving us a cheaper rate for the work, so I am extremely appreciative of his efforts and his advice.

      Yes the boiler and radiator were quick and cheap to fix so I am very happy and warm today!

      Delete
  5. Are you feeling better now, Eileen. It wasn't a nice day yesterday, was it?
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes thanks Joy, I'm much better as in no pain but still sleepy from the medication so it'll be a quiet day today. The weather here is the same as yesterday.

      Delete
  6. Thursday morning now and I hope you are feeling better today x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Much better thanks Joy, just the after effects of the medication so a bit sleepy still.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts