The Simple Woman's Daybook - 22 October 2011

FOR TODAY - Saturday, 22nd October 2011, 11:53am

Outside my window... is bright sunshine, but very chilly. 

I am thinking... about a new blog I discovered yesterday, written by Deirdre, where she writes about her experiences as the wife and carer of someone suffering from Motor Neurone Disease.  It was a fascinating read - she could have been describing me and I identified with so many things she said and/or had experienced.  In a strange sort of way I found it comforting to know that someone understands so completely how I feel and what we are going through. 

I am thankful... for the opportunity this blog had given me to make new friends.

I am learning ... to use Photoshop. Still!  Progress is slow. 

In the kitchen... we have just had a full English breakfast (a bit late so let's call it brunch) and tonight we will have spaghetti bolognaise.

I am wearing... t shirt, skirt and cardigan.

I am creating... lots more photos.  

I am going... to settle down this afternoon to read.  My sister has given me another load of books so I have plenty to choose from.  

I am wondering... about my doctor's appointment on Monday.  My own doctor is away so I have to see someone else.  I'm hoping it's not going to be one of those consultations where I just get told to come back and see my own doctor as she 'doesn't want to interfere with my ongoing treatment'. 

I am reading... still 'The Memory Keeper's Daughter' by Kim Edwards. However, I've put the book down somewhere and couldn't find it last night so I also started reading 'Spider Bones' by Kathy Reichs.

I am hoping... that the weather stays good so that I can take a group photo of my friend and her daughters.

I am looking forward to... my niece and her children, Tinkerbell and Tweenie, visiting on Wednesday for our traditional (their words!) MacDonalds.  We meet up every school holiday for their choice of a meal and Macdonalds is their favourite.  Hopefully we can convert them to KFC when the new drivethrough KFC opens in Trowbridge. 

I am hearing... the TV, as usual! Also lots of ringing in my ears - the tinnitus is really bad today.

Around the house... not a lot is happening.  I haven't been up to doing anything but the bare minimum but it's still reasonably tidy.

I am pondering... nothing.  I'm trying to live 'in the moment' and not dwell on what the future holds. 

One of my favorite things... lemon meringue pie.  Yum!

A few plans for the rest of the week: family visiting on Tuesday and Wednesday. Lots of photography sessions, weather and health permitting. Doctor's appointment on Monday.

Here is a thought I am sharing ...



If you'd like to see other daybooks, or take part yourself, please visit this site.

Comments

  1. Hi Eileen,

    Am having trouble with blogger today so have to comment under the title Anonymous!

    I am glad that you found comfort in the blog you found recently, that is good news.

    Enjoy your meal with your niece and children next week.

    Brunch is a great idea cuts out having to make lunch!

    Piddling down here and it is dark and gloomy.

    Have a good week and take care of yourself.

    ps good luck with the doctor.


    Fiona - raindrops and daisys.

    x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts