Advent Calendar Door 4


Meet my Advent Calendar.  This was a bargain buy from Tesco about two years ago; someone had broken the cellophane wrapper and stolen some of the chocolates so it was sold off very cheaply - I can't remember the actual price but I think it was less than £1.
 
In each drawer there is a wrapped sweet or a chocolate, and a slip of paper telling me what the activity or gift is for the day.  All the activities have a Christmas theme but the gifts are little treats for myself that I wouldn't normally buy. 
 
It's not a complete surprise on some days as I've had to buy tickets for some of the activities and I obviously know which dates those are happening, but the slips of paper are folded so I don't know when the majority of it will be picked.  Last year I included the band commitments but I left them out this year, so on some days I'll have more than one Christmassy thing to fit in.
 
Today I opened drawer 4 to find a known activity - I'm off to Longleat for their Festival of Light.  Even though Longleat is very close to home, I'm going on a coach trip; we'll have a trip around the safari park, a ticket to see the house which has been decorated for Christmas, and we'll get to see the Festival of Light display, all for the bargain price of £29. I'll be taking my camera as I'm hoping to get some photos for the Winter Photographic Scavenger Hunt.
 
Linking with Julie @ Julie's Scrapbook.
 

Comments

  1. That's a lovely idea
    Julie xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is cute and I love how you made yourself one :) Enjoy the evening!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a neat Advent Calendar - I like the stacked drawers into the tree shape. What a lovely creative treat for yourself. I hope you enjoy the Festival of Lights.

    ReplyDelete
  4. An excellent way to keep your surprises for each day and then to be surprised! Enjoy the festival of lights, I saw an advert for it the other day, it looks fantastic! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lovely advent calendar and I like your idea of an activity a day. I will look forward to seeing your photos from the Festival of Light at Longleat.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a brilliant purchase and the activities are really good idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fabulous idea to do your own advent calendar. My husband gave me one several years ago and I still open each day - more as a countdown than anything as behind each door is an empty space :( I am going to hold onto your idea for next year as a treat for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this idea and must make an effort to remember to do it for myself next year. x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts