Advent Calendar Door 24


I already knew what today's activity would be - to put the Christmas decorations up. Waiting for Christmas Eve to decorate the house is a childhood tradition which I've chosen to continue, although interestingly, my siblings all now decorate their homes early in December.
 
So far today it has been exactly as I hoped it would be.  I put the tree in place first thing and put a few of the baubles on, and then placed the rest of the decorations around the room - I only decorate the living room.  Today it's open house so throughout the morning people have been popping in to see me and whilst here, in between hot drinks and mince pies, they've all added some more of my cherished trimmings to the tree - I've done this in previous years and some of them now have their favourite baubles to look for and put in place.  By the time the last person leaves tonight, the tree will be decorated and the lights switched on.
 
I hope you all have a lovely Christmas, however you choose to celebrate.
 
Linking with Julie @ Julie's Scrapbook.

Comments

  1. That sounds like such a lovely tradition and I like how others help in the decorating as they drop by for the open house! Merry Christmas!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely traditions! Have a magical time Eileen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also like the idea of visitors helping to decorate and getting to know and like special ones :) Have a lovely Christmas, Eileen. Special Teaching at Pempi’s Palace

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merry Christmas and thanks.
    Hugs Ailime

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely idea. Hope you have had a good time. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wishing you a belated but heartfelt Merry Christmas. It's been a pleasure catching up with you on a Monday every week. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm doing some catching up Eileen as the run up to Christmas was somewhat fast tracked. In fact I was Bah Humbug! and never even got as far as putting up decorations or a tree. Not because I didn't want to and all the boxes came down from the loft at the beginning of December, but time was tight and it never happened. Luckily we were visiting and not visited so no stress.
    But more interesting than that is your open house. What a lovely idea! It's a great way to catch up with friends and family and to have them participate in your decorating of the tree. That feels really heart felt and special. I hope you had a nice Christmas.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts