Me on Monday


Me on Monday ... enjoying a quiet day at home just pottering about and sorting all the things that get neglected when I'm busy.  You know, those boring but necessary things like housework!
 
It's been a busy weekend starting on Friday with a coach trip to Longleat where we had a trip around the safari park, a wander through the house which was decorated for Christmas (the theme was fairy tales) and then the high spot of the trip, which was the Festival of Lights. I've included some more photos from the trip in this post.

 
Saturday morning was taken up with band.  We're out and about for the Christmas carol playing now, and this time we were playing in the town centre - two hours standing in the cold wind, battling to keep the music on the stands and the stands upright, as well as pointing for the beginners to help keep them in time (as they played along to four carols using the only three notes they know!). I love it!


Saturday afternoon was spent at home listening to the old Christmas number one hits, and then a flying visit from Julie to take some of her things from my spare bedroom.  I didn't do much in the evening apart from watching the Liam Neeson film, Non Stop.

 
On Sunday I went over to Lacock where they had one of the local mail voice choirs singing carols in the Tudor Courtyard.  It wasn't quite what I was expecting - I thought they'd be leading the singing and the audience would be able to join in but it was actually a stand and listen to them event.  Very enjoyable, just not what I was expecting.  When they'd finished I wandered around the cloisters to see the Christmas Tree exhibition and then through the Abbey where there was a real fire blazing in the main room and you were invited to sit and warm up - a very different way of experiencing the Abbey.

 
Back home and another visit from Julie and one of her daughters to collect the rest of their things from the house so, apart from 3 boxes which should go this week, I now have my third bedroom back.  As for the garage, there was some chopping and changing of what's stored in there but it's still full; somehow the garage door came off its runner so I'm waiting on a repair visit for that tomorrow.

 
I fell asleep on the sofa during the evening so didn't sleep that well when I finally took myself off to bed, so I'm feeling my age today.  I've tidied around the house but will take it easy for the rest of the day as I have a busy week ahead with band commitments; we're playing out on Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday. 

 
Hope you all have a good week. 
 
Linking with Sian at From High in the Sky.

Comments

  1. those lights really are spectacular - thank you for sharing them. Have a great week and hope all your band concerts go well

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would really enjoy to see that display of lights in person, but the pictures of them are magnificent! Hope you don't get sick from being out in that dreadful weather with the concert; that I think would have been a bit miserable, but like I said before, what good troopers everyone seemed to be! Good to have a nice quiet day today at home :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. Don't worry - I have no ill effects from playing outside on Saturday. Luckily, of this week's 4 events only one is outside - the others are indoors or under cover.

      Delete
  3. You've made a wonderful job of photographing those lights and highlighting them with a beautiful inky blue sky.

    I always cry when I hear bands at Christmas..you can imagine me sniffing as I listened to you (and take it as a compliment):)

    Have a great week

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those light are just amazing, wish I was nearer to put it on my to do list next year. Don't over do it! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's a coach trip from Plymouth to the festival at Longleat, or is that too far from you?

      http://www.citycoach.co.uk/Tour/Longleat-Festival-of-Light

      Delete
  5. oh thanks for sharing more of those fantastic light installations - gorgeous! You have done an excellent job of capturing the light & details of each. Happy week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These lights are incredible Eileen!!!! WOW, so bright and detailed! You are good doing all that band playing!x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh gosh those lights are incredible and amazing aren't they!!! So beautiful and so much detail too, far better than I could have imagined. You must have really enjoyed it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What amazing photos Eileen, that looks a spectacular visit. Glad you have your third bedroom back. It was a big help to Julie, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts