Me on Monday

Me on Monday ... is on the mend and feeling much better.  Thank you for all your kind comments.
 
Today was supposed to be an 'at home' sort of day but I realised that I hadn't posted my Christmas cards (even though I'd written most of them in November), so a trip to the Post Office was a necessary evil this morning, and I decided to finish the rest of the odds and ends of shopping while I was out.  All I have to do now is the vegetable shopping, but that needs to wait until nearer the big day.  Some of the cards may not arrive until after Christmas now, even though I forked out for 1st class post ... but it's the thought that counts isn't it! 
 
Apart from carol playing on Saturday morning, I haven't done very much at all over the weekend, except pamper myself and try to get over the cold.  I've mostly been reading and watching TV.  I saw the live version of The Sound of Music yesterday, which I'm glad to have seen but, in some way that I can't quite put my finger on, seemed to lack the energy and charm of the film version.
 
Later today, I'm going to read Dicken's 'A Christmas Carol, but I'm waiting for it to be darker so I can light the candles and create the sort of atmosphere this story needs ... imagine the blinds closed, a darkened room, with pools of light thrown out by the candles.  I'll have some homemade mince pies and a mug of chili hot chocolate and I'll be snuggled up on the sofa, with my new throw wrapped around me.  Yes, I'm definitely starting to feel Christmassy!
 
I'm playing the flute tomorrow at three sessions in retirement homes, each one lasting one hour.  I'm really looking forward to it because I'll be playing the main melody for once. I just need to find a red top to wear and then I'm all set!
 
Hope you all have a good week and don't have too much left to do to get ready for the 25th.
 
Linking with Sian at From High in the Sky.

Comments

  1. Ooh - shame about the cards after having been so organised. Fingers crossed. I actually like to receive cards in the week running up to Christmas (those that come sooner don't get opened till Christmas Eve). I usually post mine around the 17th too - some friends probably think they're only getting one because they sent theirs first - not true!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh silly me. The main thing I wanted to say was that I agree about Sound of Music. It must have been hard to re-do - if you copy too much you run the risk of falling short of the original and if you re-imagine too much it's not what people expect. I thought they did a good job of the scenery, and had lots of good voices, though the chemistry between characters was sometimes weak. (And although I was watching while doing other things, I swear there were some numbers I didn't recognise at all!!)

      Delete
    2. There are a couple of songs which are in the stage show but not the film and interestingly, the stage show came first ... the film is an adaptation of it.

      I think I might have preferred the production shown on TV if it had actually been the stage set, i.e. what you'd have seen at the theatre.

      Delete
  2. I like your plans for reading a Christmas Carol. The 1951 black & white movie version with Alister Sims is our December 24th tradition. We can only get one type of stamp, no 1st or 2nd class, I remember my Gran use to wait to send her cards on Dec 2nd then the special Christmas card rate came into affect. So glad you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be watching that version on Christmas Eve as well!

      Delete
  3. Hope your feeling back to normal. I agree that your plans on how to read A Christmas Carol sounds perfect. Hope you find your red jumper for tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Eileen, how have you been? I've been a bit cold and with plenty of chores. I wish you merry Christmas and a great new year. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am glad you are feeling better, I found I had some cards to post today, I posted most of them last week but managed to leave some. Your plans for reading A Christmas Carol sound perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We only caught the last little bit of Sound of Music but I liked the bit I saw.

    Cards after CHristmas? Keeps the festive feeling going! I'm sure they'll be much appreciated.

    Enjoy the run up to Christmas Eileen and thanks for Monday-ing all year. How's the sock knitting going?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It hasn't started yet! Too much carol playing and not enough free time, so maybe after Christmas.

      Delete
  7. I love your plans for reading Christmas Carol. Wish I could have been there with you - I'd bring my own fleecy blanket!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts