Organising: Day 1

It's been the day for organising. I've spent all day working on various bits of admin, some personal but most of it was band related. Personal admin, once I looked at it properly, amounted to about one hours work - one letter to write and then filing. The band admin took the rest of the day and I'm still not finished. When I started there were four piles of papers each as high as the unit in the photo, and lots of sorting, filing, shredding and a 'not today' pile I've ended up with the five small piles you can see on the shelf in this photo ...


This is the new mahogany unit, placed below the wall mounted TV which you can just see at the top of the photo. It's a bit grainy as I forgot to reset the camera, but you get the idea of what it looks like. It's been invaluable as a collating table when sorting out all the documents today - I don't know how I managed without it! After today's effort I'm left with three of these piles to take to the storage room on Saturday for retention, my black and red music folders to be stored in my music room as they will not be used until January, and the final pile (the smallest with the yellow labels on top) is the 'not today' pile and I will need to deal with it later on. Luckily it was the kerbside paper recycling collection today so all of the unwanted paper has already left the house.

I've sorted out some books for donation to charity which A will collect on Wednesday, and one book to return to J which will also be collected on Wednesday. They, together with L, are coming round for the evening on Wednesday and will hopeful remember their diaries so we can sort out arrangements for meeting together over the next few weeks.

Tomorrow, I have to take some instruments to the repairer and, on the way home will stop off in the supermarket to buy the rest of the ingredients I need to make a start on the bulk cooking. I may even make a start on the shredding as well!

Comments

  1. You are a busy lady ... I like your new unit & already it is put into good service.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just seem to be in the right frame of mind to get all this stuff done and out of the way. The new unit is just the right size for that space and I'm really pleased with it.

      Delete
  2. That is a beautiful piece of furniture! Well done with all your organizing! When you are done, do you suppose you might be able to visit me on this side of the pond and help me with my organizing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I'll come ... provided you pay travel and accommodation costs!!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts