November Scavenger Hunt

I'm joining in with Kate's monthly scavenger hunt for the first time in ages. This is all part of my attempts to start taking more photographs again, although I admit to a bit of a last minute rush to find some of the photos I'm sharing today!

Post/Mailbox | This one is from my archives. It's one of the postboxes painted gold in commemoration of the achievements at the 2012 Olympics. This one is in Bradford on Avon, about three miles away, so I don't see it often now as I'm not driving through there regularly, but when I do drive past it still bring back memories of that amazing summer - the last summer I spent with my late partner when we watched the Olympics together. 



Decay | I was planning to take a series of photos of this rose but in the end only managed a few as it disappeared during a windy night!



Fold | trying to think outside of the box here ... sheep returning to the fold (flock). 



Secondhand | this was the first thing that came to mind when I saw this prompt. The top two shelves are packed with secondhand books, mostly passed on to me by my sister. I've just had a big clear out as I wasn't keeping up with her and have only kept the ones I'll definitely read, so these should all be finished with by the middle of next year. Some of the ones on the right hand side of the top shelf are future reading with my book group so have been separated out and will wait patiently until the correct month.




Strand | sorry about the dark shadow in this one! I've chosen a strand of cotton, partly because it represents ones of my plans for next year. As soon as the new carpets are laid, the decorating finished and I have the house to myself, I plan to start sewing again and making my own clothes.




Own choice | This is one of my favourite photos taken a couple of years ago in my back garden.


Many thanks to Kate for organising this. 

Comments

  1. Love that gold mailbox. I think the shadow of the strand of cotton on the table is great & definitely not a distraction. I'm thinking you must have a pretty garden too. Thanks for joining in again & take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My garden isn't too pretty at the moment. I haven't been able to bend so very little has been done and it's full of weeds. It's a project for next year!

      Delete
  2. I like the dark shadow in the thread photo. It adds depth and shape to the whole thing.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good photos and stories. There was a gold mail box near us after some local lad (forgotten who!) did well in athletics sometime ago.... sadly it is now red. I had the same idea for fold but could not get a suitable photo taken! Great minds. Lee Child books; great reading if rather unbelievable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I thought they weren't going to repaint any of the gold boxes. Maybe they've changed their minds. I know what you mean about the Lee Child books but I still enjoy them!

      Delete
  4. Lovely pictures. We too live near the gold letter box mentioned by Threads through my life. I think it was for cycling - I wondered why I kept missing it as we drive down that road, now I know, it's now red!! I too thought of sheep for 'Fold' but did not have any photographs of a sheep fold. So well done with your interpretation of the word. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jak. I'd taken photos of a pile of folded cloth but changed to the sheep fold when I was looking through my recent photos.

      Delete
  5. Love the gold pillar box. I wondered if anyone would find one to photograph!
    I too chose sheep fold.
    Enjoy your reading. Still looks a good chunk to get through. I panic if I have more than ttwo books on my book pile! lol. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far this year I've read 65 books and will easily read at least another 6 by the end of the year. I panic if I don't have plenty of unread books in my bookcase!

      Delete
  6. Wonderful finds for this hunt - like all your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are great photos! My daughter has been doing a photo of the day challenge; I sent her a link to your blog for the winter scavenger hunt! Thank you for the encouragement to participate in the scavenger hunt, Eileen. I think I will join! It'll be an expansion of my horizons! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great Bless. I look forward to seeing your photos ... and your daughter's, if she decides to join us.

      Delete
  8. So glad you joined in, lovely photos and stories!My favourites are fold and second hand x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I'm hoping you continue to organise this next year ... I'll be joining in if you do.

      Delete
  9. Great photos and interpretations. Lots of lovely reading in second hand also like strand, decay and fold:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rosie. I'm looking forward to working my way through all those books!

      Delete
  10. Great choices for the hunt. I've never seen a gold post box.
    Good selection of books for secondhand - happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's the only one in this area so I'm lucky it is so close to home.

      Delete
  11. Great photos

    I have added you to the Advent List, if you would rather not join in happy to remove

    Julie xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts