Friday

The technician had just left after inspecting the furniture. Apparently the 'fault' is not a fault but is how the furniture is now made and, even if I asked for replacements the same problems would be visible and could possibly be even worse. He went on to say that this type of complaint was now the norm and I was lucky as it is even worse on darker fabrics! I asked what, in his experience, he thought the resolution will be and he said that as it isn't a manufacturing fault they are unlikely to uphold the complaint. Not good news, but then he went on to say that he used to make furniture so knew how to make it look better and proceeded to fix it for me at no charge (to me) by hammering the piping into a different shape and position to cover the staples. I'll be interested to see what the company says but it now looks so much better and I'm happy again.

Yesterday's tiredness seems to have resolved itself. I'm putting it down to stress rather than a bug with maybe an element of adjusting to the new medication thrown in. I only have a few admin things to do this morning so have a fairly easy day ahead of me and will try to get out for a walk later if the rain holds off.

Comments

  1. Well yeah for that service person's fixing. Most glad to hear that you are feeling better & not brewing a cold. Stress & I are very bonded friends at the moment - I am hopeful my change in job will break us up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He was excellent, I think I was lucky. He also sorted out the legs on each piece as the delivery men hadn't tightened them properly.

      Delete
  2. Well, that's a rum old do! I am glad that it was relatively easily fixed but it sounds as if you were just lucky to get this particular technician. If this is now a common complaint, the company ought to seriously reconsider the standard of their workmanship and get the piping adjusted to cover the staples as a matter of course. Furniture doesn't come cheap, and a shoddy finish is not acceptable. I wonder what they will say. (Is the stuff available online? Have any other customers written reviews that mention this? Will you?!) Grrrr!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm surprised that this standard of workmanship is considered to be acceptable. It may be cheaper at the manufacturing stage but they have to pay for the technician's visit and reports so in the long term must be more expensive. I don't know about an online review yet. I want to wait for the official response from the local store before I do anything.

      Delete
  3. Glad to hear you are feeling less tired and the technician was able to hide the staples on the furniture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am feeling mush better thanks Bless. I am relieved he was willing to rectify the problem for me.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts