Choices, Choices, Choices!

I have an appointment on Monday to order the made to measure curtains for the living room. I need two pairs, one short set for the front window which faces on to the street and one full length set for the French windows leading out to the garden.

I've opted to go with Hillarys as they provide the complete service - measuring, ordering, supplying and fitting the curtain pole/track and fitting the finished curtains and tie backs. I know they are expensive but at this stage I need the full service and it's worth the expense on this occasion. Their Black Friday deal is very good (and helped influence my decision!) as they are offering 50% reduction with an extra 10% off on top.

I ordered the fabric samples a couple of weeks ago and have whittled them down to this final selection. 


My choice is between these two ... 



although I prefer the reverse side of the second one as it shows more of the shimmery silver. This photo also shows a more accurate shade of mauve and sofa colour ...



I like the mauve but have noticed that they also do these designs in 'berry' which, if it's more of a red shade, will be the colour I go for. The salesperson will bring samples of all the fabric swatches so I'll be able to see before I order.

The finished curtains will have thermal linings (essential for the coldest room in the house) and will probably have pinched pleated heading but I'll take advice from the salesperson as to whether that finish will be suitable for this fabric.

Comments

  1. This might sound daft, but surely the company could use the reverse side if you asked for it? Can't see it would be a problem for them.
    Arilx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great minds think alike! That's what I'm hoping they can do.

      Delete
  2. They all look nice and it's great to have a choice. Whatever you choose, it will look splendid when it's all finished.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The curtains will be one of the biggest additions for creating the 'homely' feeling even if I don't get round to buying the pictures for a while.

      Delete
  3. Certainly a difficult choice, all such beautiful patterns & fabrics. It's amazing what a difference curtains can make to a room.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm looking forward to how much the curtains will change the feel of the room. I've also chosen the fabrics for the other rooms that'll have curtains but it all depends on cost whether I get them now.

      Delete
  4. I'm sure they'll be able to use the reverse side if that's what you want, Eileen. I'm sure the curtains will look nice, no matter which fabric you choose. I tend to be a bit chicken, when it comes to curtain colors, and go with something that is very neutral.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did consider neutral but the rooms now need some colour ... but only a bit, which is why I've gone for the paler options.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts