Ups and Downs

First the downs ... there's only one but it's a biggie ...

A close examination of the new sofa and reading chair made me very unhappy and I have made a formal complaint about the quality of the finish - on both items of furniture a line of staples, which I think are to do with attaching the piping and should be hidden, are visible. I went over to the store to see the display pieces but they are no longer on display. However, I'd taken photos and the sales person agreed with me, i.e. that it wasn't acceptable and gave me the details to make the written complaint. This has been done and acknowledged; the photos have now been sent to the manufacturer for their comments and proposed action, so it's a case of waiting to hear what they have to say.  

Thankfully, there are more ups ...

D and J are back today to finish the en-suite and will continue with the rest of the plumbing/tiling in the main bathroom without interruption until the job is finished.  

The film shown last night at Screen Unseen was The Old Man and the Gun starring Robert Redford and Sissy Spacek. I'm not sure that I rate it as a 'good' film that I'd rush to recommend to everyone, but it was an enjoyable way to spend an evening with a few laughs woven in. 

I feel ready to try the daily 30 minute walking again. My knees, whilst still painful, are no longer preventing me from exercising so I will start with 15 minutes and gradually build up to the daily 30 minute walk. The FitBit is recharging as I type this. 

I had some good news from the doctor yesterday. My blood pressure has improved sufficiently to try to reduce the medication I take daily so instead of the combination of three different medications I currently take, for the next two weeks I will only be taking two of them. He'll review it at my next appointment in two weeks and if the reading is still okay I will be able to come off that particular medication for good. I'm particularly happy about this as the medication that I'm stopping is the one with the nasty side affects on liver and kidney functions, so if I can manage without it I will no longer need the regular blood tests.

I've won the grand prize of two English breakfasts in a Facebook competition so I'm meeting L in about 30 minutes to claim my prize. I can't think of a better way to start the day!

Comments

  1. Congratulations on winning such a delicious prize. Oh that is most disappointing about the sofa & chair, I am sure the manufacturer will honour their work/product & get it fixed for you. Although that mean such disruption in the sofa & chair going out & then coming back in ... I'm not sure I've ever heard of Old Man & The Gun movie ... although I am of late really out of touch of new movie releases. Now on to making my Canadian breakfast = cooked oatmeal (col).

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lovely, congratulations.
    Not great news about the chairs, is it? Hopefully they will be replaced without any hassle.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful news about the blood pressure medication! I'm on a combination of meds for that, myself. Glad to hear that you feel well enough to start walking, too - good idea to take it slow and try 15 mins. first and build up to 30. Sorry to read about the sofa and reading chair. I'm glad you noticed it and made a complaint. Hopefully, the manufacturer will remedy the situation without delay. Enjoy the breakfast you won and have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts