In My Defence ......

.... I was left unsupervised! I was in the house alone and managed to get myself trapped in the downstairs cloakroom. A rather large empty cardboard box (large as in the exact width of the hall) fell against the door and, as the door opens outwards, I couldn’t get out. I should have waited for D to come back from his lunch break but as he’d only just left I decided not to wait as in my mind (!) it was only cardboard and it should easily give way so I could squeeze out. Wrong! The cardboard was as solid as a rock and the door lost the argument! The bottom of the door near the hinge has splintered and now the door won’t close. When D got back he took the door off the hinges and it’s now propped against the wall until N can sort it out for me. Looking on the positive side, this is now the third thing to go wrong and as thing run in threes, it should be the last. Fingers crossed anyway.

Thank you all for the birthday wishes yesterday. I had a lovely day and feel really blessed. 

It’s pouring down now, so I’ve opted to stay at home this afternoon but will be going to the cinema with Lauren tonight. J, the electrician, has generously given me a Blu-ray player that he no longer wanted and left a dvd in there by mistake. It’s the film ‘Lucy’ which I haven’t seen yet so will watch it this afternoon before I return the dvd to its rightful owner.

Comments

  1. Hope you enjoy the cinema, hopefully you won't get locked in the loo. Enjoy your film this pm too can't say I know the film you mentioned but I'm sure it will fill a few hours in the warm.

    M

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cinemas trip was a success - I was seeing Bohemian Rhapsody for the second time as Lauren hadn't seen it, and I enjoyed it just as much ... in fact I cried more this time than the first time!

      Delete
  2. Wow, I think I would have panicked or, with the mood I've been in, sit down and have yet another cry. Enjoy your film!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least the cloakroom is on the front of the house so even if I hadn't been expecting D to return I could have banged on the window as neighbours were walking past. However, I just barged my way out without thinking any of that through!

      Delete
  3. Oh, dear! I got locked in the look ages ago except that the lock slipped. Fortunated my son was in and he went for a friend down the road who took the door off in between laughing his head off!
    I'm glad you were OK and especially that you had a lovely birthday!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank Joy. I'll have to pay for a new door now as the bottom is split and can't be repaired but at least I got out!

      Delete
  4. Good thing you didn't panic & that you knew D was coming back, but surely a few nervous moments. I've seen Lucy, not my kind of movie ... interesting conception though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To be honest I didn't think it through and didn't panic. The sensible thing would have been to wait for D, as the front door was unlocked and he would have been able to get into the house, but I didn't! In my defense, I was convinced (bearing in mind there wasn't any in-depth analysis of the problem) that the cardboard would give way easily ... but it didn't!

      Delete
  5. I'm glad you were able to get out, even if it meant damaging the door! Who knew cardboard was so strong?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If it had fallen the other way I think it would have been easier and no damage done. It was really thick cardboard used to send a mirror through the post and if I hadn't been so lazy would have been in the recycling bin!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts