Sunday

It's a lovely sunny day but I've opted for a quiet day at home. I woke with the urge to 'get on with things' so that's what I've done.

So far I've dealt with emails, which took ages, and caught up with most of the blogs I read. I've started some chili in the slow cooker and a bit pot of fridge soup on the hob, all of which is destined for the freezer. I've tidied round in the kitchen and living room and will vacuum the floors once I've finished this post. There's one load of washing drying on the clothes horse and another load will be finished soon. After lunch I'll carry on with sorting the band music folders, ready for January - if I set my mind to it I can get it finished today and will be able to take everything back on Saturday, so 5 more big plastic storage boxes out of the house! Depending on how long that takes I may carry on with some more of the band admin but if not, it is definitely a job for tomorrow.

I have another 'at home' day tomorrow. N will be back to carry on with whatever he is doing and the sales rep will be here in the afternoon to measure up for the curtains. The skip should be changed over tomorrow which means that, weather permitting, I'll be able to make a start on disposing of some of the stuff in the garage. It may be taking ages but at long last I am starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Comments

  1. It sounds like you've had a busy day. It's been lovely and sunny here too, I'd have liked to have taken advantage and go for a walk but I've had shopping to do and errands to run so I just haven't had chance. I hate not being able to enjoy the weather at this time of year, we don't know how many more sunny days we're going to get before winter really sets in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was sunny but too cold for me so I was happy to be indoors.

      Delete
  2. Sounds like you've lined up a couple of busy and productive days, Eileen. I am feeling a little tired and sleep deprived, so I'll be taking it easy, today, I think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The work seems to be racing ahead now ... I'm getting excited!

      Delete
  3. I love a quiet day at home to potter.
    You've done brilliantly with everything - I am filled with admiration.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joy. Despite all the mess in every room it's starting to feel like home again.

      Delete
  4. I like days at home, to do want ever catches my fancy. Sounds like many of your plans & work are paying off, yes to light at the end of the tunnel.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts