Monday

Autumn colours in the car park 
It's been another pottering about sort of day but I have managed to complete a few jobs.  

The biggie is that I have completed the last lot of banking and have balanced the band accounts, so I can now pass that job back  to the committee. This also means that I can stand down as the Treasurer and will no longer have any committee member responsibilities. I may also ask to be removed from the list of Trustees but I haven't made up my mind about that. 

I had to queue for ages in the bank so I only did a small shop afterwards, buying enough to last out the week. I did drive to the library but the car park was chock-a-block and I couldn't be bothered to wait for a free space, so that'll be on the list for another day. 

Back at home and, after a break for lunch, I loaded the washing machine, then started checking the instrument database. There's not much to do on this thankfully, just an instrument to collect from the repairer, some filing, and the next set of forms to be prepared for the instrument checks. Then, once the instrument is ready, that will be another job I can hand over.

I've given up for the day now and after I've finished this post, will start on planning my meals for next week. My doctor phoned with the blood test results this morning, specifically about cholesterol levels and confirmed that I have managed to reduce the level through diet and to keep doing what I'm doing ... some good news at last! The results from the heart scan means that I can get back to exercising and, hopefully, weight loss as well. I'll start up the daily walks again from tomorrow and take it from there.

The bit that disappeared from yesterday's post was me waffling on about whether some retail therapy would be a good idea ... maybe a warm jacket or winter coat even though I don't really need a new one. What do you think?

Comments

  1. Hello Eileen,
    Wonderful autumn leaves!
    Excellent, you can walk again. I love it.
    I wish you a good week.
    Hugs
    Ailime

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm looking forward to some early morning walks along the canal towpath so I am keeping my fingers crossed that the weather behaves itself and doesn't pour down.

      Delete
  2. Just how much were you doing for that band?! Banking/Treasurer, recruiting, checking instruments, getting music together, other admin work, plus teaching every week! It was a full time job, not just volunteering every Saturday morning! My goodness!

    Glad to hear the blood test results showed good numbers for cholesterol. Diet and exercise - they seem to have a big impact on our health and well being, don't they? I've a doctor's appointment, tomorrow, and I am hoping all will be found to be well!

    Hm, retail therapy. Well, it all depends on whether you want a new jacket or coat. Sometimes, it is fine to fulfill a want, even if it is not a need. If the funds are there and if it will lift your spirits, then, treat yourself to a new jacket and donate your old one. :) I have been thinking of getting a new jacket, myself, but, I am still at the thinking about it, stage!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Until a year ago I was doing the secretary role as well but thankfully C (new to the band) took that on last year. This is the reason why I say it will be a break of at least a year as I can see everyone's best intentions grinding to a halt if I am still around and I'll end up taking more and more back on.

      I have the money, don't need a new jacket but 'need' a change, if that makes sense. I'm still debating with myself 😚

      Delete
  3. Glad to hear you have the all clear to start walking again. Big relief. The photo is lovely. Round here autumn has been unrelentingly wet and grey. The colours are nothing much to look at ... so far.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We don't have much colour yet. I was surprised to see this in the car park as there is very little happening with the trees.

      Health-wise things are looking more positive, thank goodness.

      Delete
  4. I think a bit of retail therapy is a very good idea and I look forward very much to seeing what you have bought.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A shopping trip is planned for next week. 😁

      Delete
  5. Beautiful photo of the Virginia Creeper (well that's what we call it). I think ensuring all the i's a dotted & t's crossed gives you a sense of "yes" to stepping down as the treasurer. Now remember keep you sitting on your hands at any new meetings (col). Oh I'm not one to advise about retail therapy ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We call it a Virginia Creeper as well.

      I'm not going to any more meetings so there is no danger of me taking on extras. I have agreed the jobs I will do to make each handover as easy as possible and then I am taking a complete break

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts