Thursday

I slept in this morning after a fairly late night. Our band conductor, in amongst lots of other music related activities, plays in a Big Band; they practice every Wednesday and once a month open the doors to the public and perform to whoever turns up. Last night I met up with some of the adult members of the youth band and that's where we went. It was a great evening on many levels - building on friendships, enjoying the music, getting an invitation to go for a meal later in the month, and best if all, an offer to help with the garden.

I've been to see this band many times before and usually go with J (who was moving house so couldn't come this time) but other band members brought friends, parents, and work colleagues, so it's still something that I will arrange with J (who is a social butterfly and will fit right in).

Plans for today are all to do with the decluttering, starting with all of this ...


I want to advertise some things for sale, post a couple of parcels to family and friends, and start a pile of charity shop donations. 

I also have a couple of simple tasks to complete for the youth band, which should only take about twenty minutes. After all that's done and assuming it stays dry, I hope to get out in the garden and carry on with the tidying.

Tonight, well it'll definitely be an early night. I'm not going out so may watch TV or listen to an audio book. I borrowed a couple from a friend, both Agatha Christie  type detective stories.

Comments

  1. It sounds as if it really was a fantastic evening. Have a great de-clutter today and enjoy that early night. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a good night and we'll do it again next month.

      The decluttering isn't going too well; the internet site keeps freezing so I am struggling to place the adverts at the moment but I will keep trying for now!

      Delete
  2. That sounds like a fun evening and yay for the dinner invitation and offer of help with the garden! Good luck with the decluttering! i am getting back on the bandwagon and will do some decluttering, myself. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the dinner invite was a complete, but welcome, surprise. I'm looking forward to it.

      I need all the luck I can get with the decluttering! It's slow progress today!

      Delete
  3. Your musical event sounds like it filled the bill for you on SO many levels - yeah. Your destinations for your de-cluttering is what I just read is how you should start any de-cluttering project, know where it's intended to go, that way it doesn't linger in your home where the temptation is to "rescue" the item(s).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's interesting re the decluttering. I'm more emotionally attached to some of the items than I thought so am having a struggle to let go ... but deep down I know I don't really want to keep these things, it's because they belonged to my late partner.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts