Saturday


I slept in again this morning, not hauling my body out of bed until after 10 o'clock. I didn't sleep well thanks to the wind howling all night, and in the early hours the rain against the window was so loud that I gave up all hope of sleep so read for a while.

Needless to say, I have very little energy today! I don't have anything planned so that's a plus point, and all I've managed so far is a shower, made my bed, made and eaten breakfast, and have dealt with the post (2 circulars straight to recycling, autumn/winter programme from the Theatre Royal to be looked at later, and a card from a friend wishing me luck with the changes I am undertaking). 

Now I have to decide what I want to do with the rest of the day. I definitely won't be going out. It's still raining and is set in for the weekend according to the forecast, so a vague thought of going out for a walk and taking some photos has been vetoed. It's very dark in the house today and feels like the sort of day for closing the curtains, shutting out the rest of the world and watching old black and white films while sipping hot chocolate ... right, that sounds like a plan. Let's hope there are some good films on TV!

Comments

  1. That sounds like one of the best plans ever! Good for you!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had a great time. I can recommend this as a fun way to pass a wet October day xx

      Delete
  2. Hello Eileen,
    The weather is very limiting, but you know I love to hear the sound of rain on the windows,)) !!
    I really enjoyed your chair with the bear.
    I hope the weather is better next week.
    Hugs and a nice weekend.
    Ailime

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's supposed to stop raining later tomorrow and then we are due a few dry days, fingers crossed.

      Delete
  3. Looks like you've a visitor joining you for that hot chocolate and an afternoon of TV-watching! :) I wouldn't have minded sleeping in till 10:00 a.m., today, myself, but, I got up at 8:00 a.m. in order to be ready when the handyman arrived. It is past 9:30 a.m. and so far, no handyman! Hope he shows up, eventually.

    I hope you find lots of good TV shows to watch and have a relaxing day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've watched two films and am now, at 9pm, going upstairs for a soak in the bath and an early night. It's been a lovely day.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts