Monday

delighted to see that the rose is still flowering
Shortly after publishing yesterday's post my friend E phoned asking for help. She's broken her leg and needed to be collected from hospital so that's what I did. I brought her back to her home and, apart from a quick walk along the towpath with her dog, stayed with her until her family was able to get there in the evening. It's strange cooking in someone else's kitchen, especially when that person doesn't enjoy cooking and seems to live out if tins, but we managed. I packed a case for her and filled a box with the dog's stuff and she's now staying with her brother until she is able to cope alone. She's not a well person at the best of times so this is a huge set back for her and I hope she can fully recover from it.

On to today, and I will be shopping to stock up on fresh fruit and veg, and will hopefully have a bit of a wander round the few clothes shops in town. I say hopefully because it is half term so the shops may be busy and if that's the case, I will wait until next week. Back at home I'd like to do some work in the garden ... all the recent rain has encouraged a lot more weeds which I need to clear before the frosts start. I also have some more bulbs to get in the ground if I can.

I don't have any lessons today as it's half term. This evening it's the singing group and I'm looking forward to it. I am always slightly anxious about joining an established group but I'm sure it will be fine. I'll report back tomorrow!

Comments

  1. What an unpleasant thing to happen. I'm glad she has family rallying around as well as a good friend in you.
    We had our first frost this morning!
    Have a lovely time at the singing group. I'm looking forward to the feedback.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The ground is too hard to work so the bulbs will have to go in pots for now, once I get some more compost - guess what tomorrow's job is?

      Delete
  2. That was very kind of you to help your friend and be with her until she could go to family to recuperate. A good friend like you is a blessing! Hope you have a lovely day and enjoy participating in the singing group.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Town was too busy so clothes shopping will wait until next week when the schools are back. I've just been pottering about at home as the soil is too heavy for me to work, but I am happy in my own space and am enjoying myself.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful rose. I have one pink rose just about to open & considering we have had heavy frost, I'm impressed by it. I do hope that the singing group is something that works for you. I feel for your friend & hope she heals quickly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Her brother phoned me this morning ... it sounds like she is reaching the stage where she is unable to live on her own so they have some big decisions to make as a family.

      I'll report back on the singing group in tomorrow's post.

      Delete
  4. Having had friends rally round me so often over the last year or 2, I know just how much it means when something like this happens so please know just how much your help would have meant to your friend Eileen. You would have made all the difference to a horrible situation.
    Enjoy your singing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tanya. I think she was still in shock from it all when I was with her and I still don't know how the break happened. Her brother phoned this morning to say how worried he is about her and that he doesn't think, with all her other ongoing health issues, that she can continue to live alone.

      Delete
  5. It just goes to show how we need our friends at times like this. I'm sure your friend was very grateful for your help, and her little dog otherwise he'd have had to cross his legs! We had a frost this morning and the car had to be de-iced, winter is definitely creeping in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, winter is making itself known. It's not my favourite season and I think we are in for more extreme weather conditions this time. I'm not looking forward to it at all.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts