Friday

A will be here at midday to work her magic and make my home sparkle again so as soon as I've eaten breakfast I need to have a quick tidy round. 

I have a long to-do list today, starting off cooking a lentil and veg soup in the slow cooker, and shepherdess pie, chicken casserole, and veggie lasagne in the oven. That will all be portioned and added to the meals in the freezer. Bed sheets and all the towels need to be changed and laundered, and the beds remade, and I hope to find the time to prepare five new pieces of music and get them ready for printing one day next week.

I have come up with a list of groups I'd be interested in trying - singing, fitness & friendship, walk for health, quiz night, and a board games club. These are all groups where I will meet new people either weekly or fortnightly but, although I'd want to go regularly, none of them ask for the same level of commitment as the band so I'd be able to disappear off on day trips etc. if I want to. I'm not planning to start them all at once so will test the waters on Monday with the weekly singing group and on Thursday with the fortnightly quiz, and see how I get on. If it all works out I will end up with a social activity on four days each week and then three days each week with nothing planned. Most of the groups meet for 1.5 or 2 hours, so although it sounds like a lot it's not really ... probably just enough!

Comments

  1. Sounds like some fun times have been planned and/or arranged. A good balance for all areas of your life. I have taken your lead in reviewing some of my commitments especially those that aren't sparking joy but are creating more frustration than anything else. I'm taking a step back & leaving a few of those volunteer roles. My friend warned me that often those volunteer roles are the ones that suck life from you (she's blunt if anything) with higher expectations than paying jobs! Hope you have a good weekend & that the weather co-operates for some daily walks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The band was my voluntary work so if this ends up being a permanent break I will be looking for something else to replace it, though on a much reduced scale in terms of commitment. I think your friend is correct so well done to you on assessing your own volunteer roles and making changes where necessary.

      I hope you have a good weekend too. We are forecast to have thunderstorms so I doubt I'll be going out much!

      Delete
  2. Good of you to try out different activities and groups! Hopefully, they will all work out well for you and you'll find yourself enjoying them all.

    Sounds like you've a busy day, today. Hope you accomplish all the tasks on your list for today and have a relaxing weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it'll be a nice balance if they all work out. That's what I'm hoping anyway.

      We have a yellow warning for rain over the weekend so, apart from a quick trip to the library, I don't plan to go out. Anything that isn't done now will wait until Monday as I am keeping the weekends free to do whatever I fancy

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts