Sunday

Choosing to snuggle up and watch films was the perfect way to spend a cold and wet October day. Sadly, there weren't any black & white films I fancied so I opted to watch The Last of the Mohicans and Fried Green Tomatoes. I hadn't watched The Last of the Mohicans before so I've ticked another film off on my 'films I should have seen but haven't' list, and I enjoyed it. I saw Fried Green Tomatoes ages ago and it's one of those films that has stayed in my mind; I loved it just as much the second time of watching and will now probably read the novel the film is based on. I went up for a soak in the bath afterwards, was in bed by 10 pm, thankfully slept well, and have woken feeling refreshed. 

Again I have no firm plans for today but, if the rain holds off, will walk round to the garage for a couple of Sunday papers and spend the morning exercising my brain on the crosswords and puzzles. Apart from that I'm hoping there will be a play or story on the radio to listen to during the afternoon but if not I'll settle for listening to some music instead. Tonight the fourth Harry Potter film is on TV so I may watch that (again!!!), or will get started on another book. 

Today's food is very simple. I cooked a chicken yesterday, most of which has been portioned and frozen but I left some in the fridge for today's chicken sandwiches (lunch) and chicken fried rice (dinner). 

Comments

  1. I'm glad you spent the rainy Saturday watching movies and relaxing. Hope it doesn't rain, today, and you are able to go for your walk. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bless. It's cold but dry today and I have walked along the towpath, helping out a friend by walking her dog.

      Delete
  2. It sounds like another lovely day, whatever you finally decide to do. Enjoy!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joy. I'm helping a friend who has broken her leg. She phoned mid morning asking for help, which I'm glad to do.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts