Weekly Reflections

Reasons to be cheerful ...
  • sunshine
  • Visits to the theatre
  • Fun quizzes via Zoom
  • B and K are both recovering well and other friends and family continue to stay virus free
  • remembering all the fingering on the clarinet and retaining the ability to play in the top register even though I haven't played it for months and don't have the correct reed!
  • standing outside the front door on Thursday evenings to clap and cheer for the NHS and hearing the entire neighbourhood doing the same. The reason to be cheerful isn't that we are living through a nightmare where the value of the NHS shines out, but that communities through Britain are expressing their appreciation publicly. 

I am grateful ...
  • for caring neighbours
  • a safe and comfortable home
  • telephone consultations with my GP

Comments

  1. So glad about B and K, friends and family.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear B and K are recovering and other family and friends are well. Yay for being able to play the clarinet! I believe New York City has begun to cheer their health care workers and I saw something on the news about downtown Los Angeles starting to do the same. But, I haven't noticed anyone in my neighborhood doing anything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a relief that the girls are recovering and everyone else is well.

      The clapping for the NHS and key workers is a nationwide event. I was the only one in my street the first week but people are now joining in.

      Delete
  3. Today is the day to rejoice; you have much to be rejoicing for.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely do. I feel extremely lucky.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts