Garden, Mahjong, and New Recipes

Yesterday I divided my time between listening to the end of the audiobook, watching Killing Eve, algebra, and searching for recipes. I changed the bed and washed the bedding but that was my only effort towards the day's to-dos ... for some reason I abandoned the idea of doing any other household tasks. The reason may have been lazyitis!

Choir practice using Zoom
The evening choir practice was just what I needed. I was feeling a bit subdued but this cheered me up ... the perfect remedy. We worked on Golden Slumbers, A Better Place, and Best Day of my Life. 

Today I have one must do task. I read on a local online noticeboard that two local garden centres are taking orders and will deliver, so I'm going to order the compost and some summer bedding plants if they have any.

Tuesday morning was previously taken up with the mahjong group but that has obviously stopped because of the lockdown. Yesterday, C (who was teaching me to play) emailed the group with a suggestion for a mahjong 'hand of the week' game: C will email the details of the tiles we're dealt and we have to email back with our thoughts of what hand we'd initially start saving. This may only make sense if you know how to play the game! I'm taking some time this morning to work out what I'd do. We all have the same tiles so it'll be interesting to see what the others do, and is also a good way for me to learn more about the game.

Lunch will be one of the new recipes. I'll be using Delia's recipe for cucumber soup so hopefully can't go wrong - I always have good results with her recipes. Before I started searching online I didn't know it was possible to cook cucumber, which shows my ignorance! Dinner with be the wild mushrooms and shallots recipe but I haven't decided what I'll have with it yet.

This afternoon I need to sort out some photos where the predominant colour is yellow and get them loaded on the Photography Group's Facebook page. I also want to have a look on the library's website to see what audiobooks are available to download.

Tonight I'll be off the the theatre again. Last night was Hamlet, and I'm hoping to find a classical concert to listen to tonight.

Comments

  1. You give me such good ideas. I never realised you could make cucumber soup!!
    There's nothing wrong with Lazyitis, nothing at all. Why not?
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have lazyitis today as well though. That's the problem, it's never just for one day!

      I was completely surprised that cucumber can be cooked. The cucumber soup can be eaten hot or cold - it'll be hot today but if I like it, chilled cucumber soup will be on the menu for the summer month. I can picture myself sitting at the patio table enjoyed a bowl of chilled soup on a hot summer day! I have a baked cucumber recipe to try as well.

      Delete
  2. Sounds like you have a good plan for today which will tackle some of your Lazyitis (col). It's been years since I had cucumber soup, maybe it's time I go check out Delia's online recipes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The lazyitis only applies to housework! I have the energy for fun things 😁

      Delete
  3. Hi Eileen,
    You're taking up your time very well.
    I have a challenge on my Blog Signs of hope, on this subject, if you can you can leave your answers there.
    Hugs and be well.
    Ailime

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ailime, I didn't see a signs of hope post. Have you written it yet?

      Delete
  4. My mother used to cook cucumber - a curry, of course! I'm glad that choir cheered you up and you enjoyed it. Sounds like you have another fun day planned - the best way to treat lazyitis, I think! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From nit knowing it was possible to cook cucumber I have now had two different recipes - cucumber soup and baked cucumber. I'll try it curried next time I get one.

      Delete
  5. You have well-planned days :) and it looks like folks are adapting to the new situation. Hamlet is always fun :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Certainly family and friends have settled into their new routines. It's probably hardest on the children but they are all doing their best and keeping up with their school work.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts