Books and Shakespeare

It looks like it's going to be another lovely day so, once the sun moves round to the back garden, I will make myself comfy on the garden bench to read and enjoy the time outdoors.

My new books arrived yesterday and tempting as it is to read them straight away, I need to wait for a few days. Dealing with the post and parcels takes ages now doesn't it? As well as the books I received a parcel containing all my medication so, gloves on, and the external packaging has gone in the wheelie bin, contents have been wiped down and have been put to one side for a few days before I put them in their correct places. Then everything the postman may have touched has been wiped down and hands washed more than once. It's become routine to do this, so much so that I wonder if this will be the norm for years to come. 

I counted the Harry Potter books for the April theme in the reading challenge, which was 'young adult' - they're not strictly in the young adult genre but close enough for me! The May theme is science fiction but I don't have anything that comes close. I was planning to borrow books 2 and 3 in the Silo series by Hugh Howey from the library but that's no longer possible so I need to rethink. For today, I'll pick something for the bookcase - I have plenty of choice for crime, fantasy, or non fiction books, so it'll probably be fantasy.

Tonight I'll be watching the National Theatre's Twelfth Night. It's not my favourite Shakespeare play but Tamsin Greig is playing the Malvolio role (described as Malvolia, a transformed Malvolio) so I'm interested to see how it impacts on the play.

Today's list of things to do:
  • physical: Doctor Jo's knee exercises
  • in the fresh air: time in the garden
  • around the house: as little as possible!
  • social: blogging, phone calls with friends
  • fun: piano practice, reading, watch Twelfth Night

Oh, I did okay in the choir quiz ... 56 out of 78!

Comments

  1. Well done on the quiz! I'm glad you will be having a nice day, weather-wise, and will be able to enjoy sitting in the garden. We are having a mini heatwave, over here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's forecast to be sunny all weekend but raining next week so I am going to take advantage of it while I can.

      From the temperature you mentioned in your last post I assume it is too hot for you to sit outside.

      Delete
  2. A good quiz result - well done.
    I reckon the last few Potter books are very much in the young adult range, even if not strictly speaking. They're certainly quite dark for younger readers.
    Have a lovely day.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I decided about the HP books so I'm glad we're thinking along the same lines!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts