Organising and Musicals

I didn't do any of the planned cooking yesterday as I didn't want to start it until the plumber had been and gone and he didn't make it! He's arranged to be here by 9 am so the leak at least will be sorted today. 

What I did instead of the cooking was to start sorting out the kitchen cupboards. Once I've finished the task, the majority of the plastic boxes I use for freezing will be stored in a large storage box in the understairs cupboard with just a handful in one kitchen cupboard for easy access. Removing all the plastic boxes frees up about a quarter of the cupboard storage in the kitchen (my kitchen is tiny!) so the next stage will be to rearrange the food storage. It's ended up being a bigger job than I'd thought so I'll do that extra bit and wipe all the cupboards inside and out while I'm at it. I won't do the bulk cooking now until I finish rearranging the cupboards.

In between there is a lot of shredding to do now I have gone through the pile of papers I found in the music room. The kerbside collection which includes the shredded paper is tomorrow so I want to get it done and out of the way today.

The All Star Staged Concert of Les Miserables is available online for £9.99 from today, raising money for the NHS, so guess what I'll be watching tonight! Also, Andrew Lloyd Webber announced that the musical being released on Friday is Love Never Dies, the sequel to Phantom, so I have that to look forward to as well.

Today's list of things to do:
  • physical: Doctor Jo's knee exercises
  • in the fresh air: time in the garden
  • around the house: continue rearranging kitchen cupboards, shredding
  • social: blogging, phone calls to friends
  • fun: jigsaw puzzle, Les Miserables

Comments

  1. There's always a knock on effect when you start something like that, isn't there, but it will be so good and so much better when it's all done. Worth the effort.

    What is Les Miserables on, please, Eileen. Apart from Netflix, I don't know how these things work. Can I access it on the telly?

    Fingers crossed for that leak. It's be good to have it dealt with.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read about it here, which includes the info on how to view it.

      https://www-standard-co-uk.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.standard.co.uk/go/london/theatre/how-watch-les-miserables-musical-online-michael-ball-alfie-boe-matt-lucas-a4419181.html?amp_js_v=a3&amp_gsa=1&amp&usqp=mq331AQFKAGwASA%3D#aoh=15874555924770&csi=1&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From%20%251%24s&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.standard.co.uk%2Fgo%2Flondon%2Ftheatre%2Fhow-watch-les-miserables-musical-online-michael-ball-alfie-boe-matt-lucas-a4419181.html

      Delete
    2. To finish answering you question ... I usually access this sort of thing on my laptop and use the TV as a monitor rather than using the TV browser as I get a better service that way.

      He's here dealing with the leak as I write this so that's a relief. I'm staying out of the kitchen until he's gone as I want to leave it ready for him to do the kitchen tap if he has time. The kitchen sorting will have to wait until he's gone so I'm unlikely to finish it today now.

      Delete
    3. That's all good news and thanks for the info - I will follow it up.
      (you'll get the kitchen done another time, won't you?)
      xx

      Delete
  2. I'm glad the plumber is there to fix the leak, Eileen, and hope he will be able to tend to the kitchen tap, as well. Wow, you started on a big project in the kitchen! Good for you! Maybe I'll be motivated to tackle the kitchen, now. You often inspire me! Thank you. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the kitchen re-org has turned out to be a big job but I will end up with more room for the dried and tinned foods so I'll be worth the effort. I am currently debating (with myself - it's a very interesting conversation!!) whether I have room for a compact bread maker!

      Delete
  3. Getting those cupboards sorted was a big task, yeah you! And I see from other comments the plumber is there, gold star for him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The plumber has finished and gone on his way so I'm in the middle of wiping down everything he may have touched. He was very good on distancing and work gloves etc. but better to be careful. The redecorating in the hall to cover the water stain can wait.

      I hope to finish the cupboards tomorrow.

      Delete
  4. Glad you managed to get a plumber! Sounds like you've been really busy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm just doing it in fits and starts. I've been wanting to sort out the kitchen cupboards for a while now and it just got to the stage where it was annoying be enough to get it done!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts