Organising, Puzzles, and Quizzing With Friends

Procrastination ruled for a while in this house yesterday. After breakfast I went up to the playroom to make a start on the photo project and then promptly did everything else rather than make a start! I went through the household paperwork and disposed of some of the older stuff, answered some emails (which didn't need immediate attention but got it!), finished the shredding, and put the first load in the washing machine ... all with breaks for coffee, of course.

In the end I pulled myself together and connected my laptop to the one Ced used and transferred all the photos across. There wasn't much else on his laptop so I decided to transfer all the other files and clear the hard drive ready for disposal. All the old laptops and computer equipment will be donated to a charity who rebuilds them for use in schools. I spent the rest of the time dealing with the documents from his laptop. I think most of the photos will turn out to be copies of ones I hold so I will wait to sort through until I have all the digital files in one place.  Tomorrow, I'll carry on and transfer everything from my old laptop. I know all the photos have already been transferred to a separate hard drive so I don't think there will be much else to deal with, but that's the next step and then the old laptops can go, or at least be stored in the knowledge that they are ready for disposal.

After lunch I flitted between playing online games, some piano playing, and starting on my final jigsaw puzzle.  This one is much harder than I thought it would be: it's mostly shades of brown (!) and the pictures on the box are only an indication of things that will be in the completed puzzle as the final image is photographed from a different angle and everything will have been moved around. I haven't even managed to join all the straight edges and corner pieces yet!

In the evening I watched Repair Shop and The Great British Sewing Bee, then had a bath and read for a while in bed before settling down for the night. I'm not sleeping too well lately so in the end I only slept for a couple of hours before I was wide awake again. I knew that I wouldn't get back to sleep so I finished off this post and then carried on reading. I can always sleep during the day if I need to.

The highlight of today will be bringing the wheelie bin back in and accepting delivery of the toiletries and cleaning supplies. Did I mention there will be a supply of sweets and chocolate bars in the box as well? I will transfer everything from my old laptop in the morning but I think it'll be a lazy rest of the day, reading and enjoying some of the chocolate. 

It's quiz night with J and L so that will take up most of the evening, and then I'll either watch the National Theatre's release of Frankenstein starring Benedict Cumberbatch, or will choose a film on Netflix.

Today's list of things to do:
  • physical: nothing
  • in the fresh air: the forecast is for rain again so it's likely to be an indoors day
  • around the house: maybe clean out cupboards in the cloakroom ready for delivery of toiletries and cleaning supplies
  • achievement: transfer files from my old laptop
  • social: quiz with J and L
  • fun: reading, jigsaw puzzle, eat chocolate 😁

Comments

  1. Ha, ha, productive procrastination! I know that so well! But, you got started and that's often the hardest part, isn't it? Started is half done, they say! Now that you've made a start, you'll find it easier to finish. :) I'm sorry you're not sleeping well (says she who is on the computer at past 2:30 a.m.!) But, as you've pointed out, you can catch up on the sleep with an afternoon nap, if needed.

    I hope you have a good day, accomplish much, and enjoy your evening of quizzes and shows. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One benefit of not sleeping was that all my 'work' was done by breakfast time, so I am having a lazy morning as well. It's pouring down and chilly so I've switched the heating up and am snuggled up on the sofa with a book.

      Delete
  2. I like this new term productive procrastination - I shall use today so I can take ownership of it in my vocabulary (col). Well done getting those computers reading for a new life. It is surprising how quickly these deliveries become a highlight. We had a delivery yesterday but several items are missing so I have to put together another online order & try again. Today it is raining, today is our outing to pick up (curbside) our grocery order. No matter I'm still SO excited to be going out. I've seen Benedict in Frankenstein, he's quite good, so I hope you enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My delivery is scheduled for 3 - 4 pm and it's now only 11:30 am, so I have a while to wait for my chocolate!!

      I raining here and is such a grey day that the house is dark and I need a light on to read by.

      Looking back, I rather enjoyed yesterday's productive procrastination ... I actually got things done for once. I definitely need to work on getting back to a decent daily routine. I'm just drifting through the days at the moment and I felt better for actually doing something - anything - but just getting things done.

      Delete
  3. It seems to me that you get quite a lot achieved. SO much for procrastination!
    THanks for those links - very helpful.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, the trouble is I quite often waste too much time doing anything but what I should be doing! Especially if it involves the computer and then I start playing solitaire or candy crush 😂

      Delete
  4. "Eat chocolate"... Every day with that in it has a bit of joy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to do it every day but chocolate is one of my triggers for migraine so it's an occasional treat. Today, it was just what I needed and completely worth the risk 😂😂

      Delete
  5. I know it feels good to get the computers ready for recycling. I did that earlier this year and still have not been able to drop them off. That was a good thing as I needed to reclaim an old digital camera I put in there. My cell phone needed to be sent off for repair and I cannot live without a camera.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts