32/365: Dump My Junk Day 1

It's the first day of February today and I'm setting myself a decluttering challenge for the entire month.  I'm unashamedly copying this challenge from just Gai, who completed it herself in January.   
 
The challenge is to dump my junk, making a decision to dispose of one item on day one, two on day two, three on day three, etc., so that by the end of February I will have disposed of the grand total of 406 items.  My approach will differ slightly to the original challenge in that, although I will be making the decisions to get rid of various things, I'm anticipating that the majority of those items will not actually leave the house this month.  Instead they will be put to one side to sell at a car boot sale in the summer.
 
So here's day one: a lamp.
 

Comments

  1. Off to a good start. I shall look forward to following your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea, think I might be struggling as I get to the end of the month, Hope you succeed. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I remember doing something like this, one month, when I was actively decluttering! I really struggled towards the end (it was a month with 31 days), but, I managed, because I had a bag full of old batteries, etc., to be recycled (the library was collecting them). I might try something like that, again, to kickstart my decluttering, but, I remember I got so stressed doing it that my daughter told me not to bother, she'll clear things out when I am no longer around! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thinking about doing something like this again but, like you, stressed about finding enough things towards the end of the month. It was worth the effort though because I did clear a lot of things out of the house.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts