2015 Summertime Photography Scavenger Hunt

Well I'm a bit late joining the party but better late than never!  I've just seen the list for Rinda's Summertime Photography Scavenger Hunt.

2015 Summertime Photography Scavenger Hunt

1. A bouquet of flowers
2. An ornate door knocker
3. A person walking a dog (or other animal)
4. People playing a board game or card game
5. Architectural columns
6. A metal bridge
7. A turtle
8. Someone "plugged in" to social media 
9. A tent
10. A college or university
11. A cellular tower or television satellite dish
12. A public restroom, bathroom, or toilet
13. A merry-go-round or carousel
14. A traffic signal
15. A flag pole with at least three flags on it
16. A panoramic view, taken while standing someplace high in the air
17. At least two people wearing matching outfits or uniforms
18. An overloaded truck, car, bicycle or other vehicle
19. A ticket booth
20. A natural body of water
21. A photograph of you with a sign reading "2015 Summertime Photography Scavenger Hunt". Note: you may not use a substitute for this item.

If you find something on the list too difficult, you may substitute one of the following items for any one item on the list, except for Item #21:

Alternative A: People eating outside
Alternative B: Someone holding an umbrella
Alternative C: A rocking chair 

All photos have to be taken between June 1st 2015 and September 22nd 2015, and everyone is welcome to join in ... just pop over to Rinda's blog and let her know if you do decide to take part.
 
I saw the list for the first time yesterday so haven't taken any photos yet but I can see quite a few on this list that will be relatively easy to find.  I think my problem ones this year will be 'turtle' (unless I can count a tortoise as a turtle?) and the three flags on a flagpole - I don't think I've ever seen three flags on a flagpole before, or maybe I'm just not very observant.
 
If the weather holds tomorrow I hope to get out and take my first lot of photos.  I have a satellite dish on the side of the house (easy!) and I know there is a cellular tower somewhere in town (just can't think where!) so I should be able to get those done.  I also know where there are some more ornate door knockers that I didn't include in the winter hunt so if I have time I'll get those done as well. 
 
Thanks Rinda ... let the hunt begin!

Comments

  1. Looking forward to seeing what you find. I haven't started yet either...
    Re: turtle - I looked it up a while ago. I was wondering why Deb (Paper Turtle) had a tortoise for a pet (and a logo). Well, there were all sorts of scientific details but long story short, it turns out that when an American says "turtle", they're referring to what we think of as a tortoise. That said, I don't know where to look for either!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that's good to hear. My friend has a tortoise, so that's another one sorted. Many thanks.

      Delete
  2. i'm joining in with Rinda hunt too but saving the list for our holiday. Happy hunting Eileen x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am the same as you turtle and the flags will be my only problems, I don't know anyone with a tortoise either!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never seen a flag pole with three flags on it either! Maybe it is a USA thing?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty impressive list to get pictures of :) Enjoy the hunt!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do like a scavenger hunt.... :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts