Retail Therapy

I'd half thought about going clothes shopping today to buy some goodies for my holiday. However, last night I started placing the orders for the bathroom furniture and other things needed for the second week of September and I want to get that finished today. Clothes shopping can wait until later in the week.

I've had a very early start as I've already driven to Swindon and back, normally a 50 minute drive each way but the roads are extra busy because of the train strike so it took 90 minutes to get there. Lauren is attending a one day training course for her new job, the trains aren't running, and although there are coaches laid on, she couldn't get there in time. 

Now I'm home to find a message from the instrument repairer to say that there are two band instruments ready for collection, so my next job si to go and collect them. Then this afternoon I will take a trip over to Frome to order the tiles for the bathroom and the ensuite. By the end of the day, all the orders will be placed and then I can arrange for a decorator to quote to complete the rest of the house, and ask a couple of companies to quote for new carpets and bathroom flooring. It's almost inconvenient that I'm going on holiday ... but only 'almost' as I'm looking forward to the holiday just as much as I'm excited to get the work started.

Changing the subject completely, I took another photo for the SPSH on my way back home this morning. This is for No 13 | equal portions

Comments

  1. I had no idea there was a train strike. Just shows how 'out' of the real world I am now.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh a train strike - hopefully short lived. Retail shopping is good for all involved; you, the retailers & the installers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a busy day! You are going to have a new house by the time you finish all the renovations! Enjoy your retail therapy and clothes shopping. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jealous of your equal portions!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts