Summer Adventures

I've finished planning my summer adventures, taking me up to the end of August. Some of them are already booked and will definitely happen but the last four on the list are some things I'd like to do this summer if I can fit them in.
  • See the comedian, Tom Allen on stage in Frome 
  • Tour of the Chained Library at Wells Cathedral
  • See an ABBA tribute group
  • Holiday in the Peak District
  • City Break in Liverpool 
  • Holiday in Brecon
  • Bath Abbey Tower Tour
  • Visit the model village at Bourton-in-the-Water
  • A day trip to the coast
  • Sightseeing in Bristol 
I'll be able to cross the first one off the list tonight as I'll be sitting in the front row of the balcony seats in the Memorial Theatre, watching Tom Allen.

Over the next two weeks I need to catch up on the band admin as, for the first time in years, I'm taking a complete break from anything to do with the band during our summer break. It'll be my first summer break in years where I don't have to make time for lesson planning, band, or anything music/teaching related. I've been retired for a week now ... it feels good!

Comments

  1. Bourton is gorgeous and the Peak District is one of my favourite places. I love your plans.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bourton has been on my list for years but I never seem to get there! I'm looking forward to the Peak District holiday, rescheduled from when I hurt my knee and couldn't go on the plannned photography trip.

      Delete
  2. Sounds like you've a wonderful summer planned! Looking forward to seeing all the pictures from the places you visit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bless. I'm really looking forward to everything.

      Delete
  3. Great summer adventure plans. What about a scrap book to mark this transition period?!?! (col)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great mnds think alike. I'm thinking about doing one using the Project Life pockets system and maybe do a folder for every year.

      Delete
  4. A good idea to make a list, enjoy your night tonight xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Tom Allen was very funny. I am definitely a 'lists' person. I have lists for everything!

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. These are the holidays I had to reschedule when I hurt my knee. That's why there's so much crammed into August.

      Delete
  6. Found you Eileen so I thought I'd pop over and say hello. A holiday in the Peaks sounds wonderful and is just on my doorstep so if you need any advice just give me a shout x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The holiday is a Derbyshire Discovery Tour so I'll get the opportunity to see lots of different places. I'm particularly looking forward to visiting Chatsworth House and Eyam.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts