Sunday

I woke reasonably early today, starting my day by reading and commenting on some blogs, but then I seemed to have dozed off again. I must have been tired because I slept right through and didn't wake again until 11:50am. Thankfully I didn't have any plans at all for today so I'm not having to play catch up!

I had some toast for a very late breakfast, mainly so I could take my tablets, and since then have been pottering about. I didn't do the washing up yesterday so I did that after breakfast and then did a quick tidy of the kitchen. Once I'd finished that I moved back upstairs and have been really industrious sorting through random to-do piles and catching up with all the odds and ends of admin that I keep putting off. The windows are open, the fan is on, the blinds are closed and the house is lovely and cool. I'm actually enjoying myself! I've made the final payments on two of my August holidays, made a start on the certificates for the band presentations on Saturday, filled two bags with shredded documents (shredding = the most boring job ever!), sorted a big pile of filing, and have made good progress on some additions to my 'when I'm gone' folder.

I've just realised what the time is so I need to go and cobble up something to eat for lunch before too long. My knee is still not right but isn't as painful as it was yesterday. I'm reasonably sure that I've just pulled a muscle so will continue to monitor it but probably won't bother to see the doctor about it. 

Comments

  1. I had a dreadful night last night.I just could not get to sleep.A cup of tea at 2.30am helped.
    I was interested to read about you being a peri peptic music teacher.My youngest grandchild is 10. She plays recorder,guitar and clarinet and has been selected to have an oboe plus tuition as it is classed a threatened instrument.We think she is gifted,Obviously!!!When we were there last week she tuned a ukulele by ear and then picked out some tunes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She does sound talented. The oboe is a beautiful instrument to play, I hope she takes to it.

      Delete
  2. I am sure you are not peri peptic!!! Blooming predictive text..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm another one who slept badly and woke early ... Glad you made up for it and have had a nice, bumbly but productive day. (Oh, and I love shredding - I'll do yours!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't understand how anyone can like shredding 🤔🤔😂

      Delete
  4. It's been so hot recently and the humidity is building up as well. Not nice. I'm glad you had an extra sleep and also that the knee is beginning to improve. Take care . . . xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joy. I'm not too bothered by the humidity, it's the bright sun that bothers me and sunglasses aren't an option at the moment.

      Delete
  5. Sounds like you had a very productive day! Glad to hear your knee is starting to feel better.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts