Sunday

The trouble with having lots of quiet, relaxing days doing very little is that it's hard to get going again. I seem to have lost my get-up-and-go somewhere along the way and I can't summon up any enthusiasm for anything today.

It's much cooler, it's cloudy so no bright sunshine and there's a lovely refreshing breeze so it's an ideal day to be out and about. I, however, am currently lolling about on the sofa feeling like I need a nap even though I only hauled myself out of bed at 8 am after a good eight hours sleep. Steaming hot mugs of coffee haven't done their usual trick, nor has the bacon sandwich I ate for breakfast so I've given in to the fact that I'm in a lazy mood and will have another day at home. 

I'll probably sleep a lot as that's what my body seems to be wanting, but maybe I'll be able to fit in a bit of reading and some TV time (if there's anything on worth watching). I'm fairly sure there will also be a takeaway delivery to round of the day!

Comments

  1. If your body is saying "rest" I would advise to listening. The extreme heat that you had for several days (& we are now experiencing) takes a lot out of a body. I especially like the idea of no cooking & a take away for dinner ... I may follow that "advice" :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like a gentle day indeed - and why not? This hot weather does take it out of you, even if today is cooler. Have a good rest and enjoy the fact that you can. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sundays are supposed to be days of rest, anyway, so I hope you took the time to rest and nap, or, at least, just take it easy. Hope you enjoyed the take away you got for dinner. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love a day like that once in a while. I agree with Mary-Lou - if you're being told you need it and you don't have to be anywhere else, go with the flow. Envying you that breeze.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There's no harm in it. We're supposed to be human beings not human doings!
    Arilx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts